From 6:30am to 6:30pm on Saturday 4 July and Saturday 11 July 2020, work will be carried out on Mary Street alongside Lot 2 (project site opposite the Four Points by Sheraton) to install the final roof panels of the acoustic shed.
This work will involve the temporary closure of a small section of Mary Street in both directions with vehicle traffic detoured around the block via Alice Street and Margaret Street.
In addition, the Mary Street footpath adjacent to Lot 2 will be closed from Wednesday 1 to Friday 10 July 2020. Pedestrian access will be maintained around the work site under the direction of traffic control.
Work will involve:
- Setting up traffic control to implement the road closure
- Parking a large crane and mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) on Mary Street
- Large trucks delivering roof and wall panels to site
- Crane lifts to install the panels on the Mary Street side of the shed
- Packing down the site, clearing the work area and re-opening the road.
Traffic control officers and signage will be in place to assist motorists and pedestrians.
What to expect
As a result of these works you can expect:
- Traffic delays due to the road closure and detour. Please plan your journey and allow additional time if travelling through the area
- A potential increase in noise. We are committed to reducing these impacts as much as possible.
In the event of wet weather or unforeseen circumstances, this activity may be rescheduled to Saturday 18 or 25 July 2020.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: