Salisbury station Upgrades
Features of the Salisbury station include:
- An additional third platform
- A new station building
- An upgrade to the platform finish
- A new overpass and vertical transport system including four lifts and four switchback stairs
- A new enclosed bicycle storage shelter (capacity for 40)
- Provision for accessible car parking and Kiss ‘n’ Ride car parking on Dollis Street
- A new canopy on the platform to improve weather protection
- Improved access to the platforms.
Early works are continuing including geotechnical investigations, survey, installation of overhead electrical structures and preparing the detailed design for construction. Major construction at Salisbury station is scheduled to start in mid 2022.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads is currently constructing a new commuter car park on the corner of Beaudesert Road and
Lillian Avenue, Salisbury. For more information, you can go to the TMR website.
You can also access further detailed information about the Salisbury station concept design in the fact sheet.