Salisbury station Upgrades
As part of the Cross River Rail Project, Salisbury station will be rebuilt to improve access and functionality
Features of the Salisbury station include:
- An additional third platform
- A new station building
- An upgrade to the platform finish
- A new overpass and vertical transport system including four lifts and four switchback stairs
- A new enclosed bicycle storage shelter (capacity for 40)
- Provision for accessible car parking and Kiss ‘n’ Ride car parking on Dollis Street
- A new canopy on the platform to improve weather protection
- Improved access to the platforms.
Early works are continuing in preparation for major construction. Major construction at Salisbury station is scheduled to start in 2023.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads has constructed a commuter car park on the corner of Beaudesert Road and Lillian Avenue, Salisbury. For more information, you can go to the TMR website.
You can also access further detailed information about the Salisbury station concept design in the fact sheet.