The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority makes every effort to ensure that all information published on our social media channels is current and accurate however we cannot guarantee this. You are responsible for checking the currency and accuracy of information before relying on it. The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of these channels.
Why we use social media
We use social media to:
- inform you of updates and new information on crossriverrail.qld.gov.au
- remind you of important events and alert you to breaking news
- link to interesting and useful information about project progression and the benefits of Cross River Rail
- connect with Queenslanders more easily by communicating via channels already being used and aligning with increasing use of mobile devices.
The opinions, views and ideas expressed on The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority’s social media platforms represent those of individual posters and online communities and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority.
Any official statements concerning Cross River Rail will be released at www.crossriverrail.qld.gov.au
Monitoring our accounts
The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority’s social media accounts will be monitored during office hours from Monday to Friday.
There may be circumstances outside of our control where our social media channels are unavailable. We apologise in advance if this causes any inconvenience. In these instances, you may be able to find the information you are looking for on our website www.crossriverrail.qld.gov.au or by phoning us on 1800 010 875.
Responding to posts, comments, replies or direct messages
We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers and try to join the conversation where appropriate and possible. We may not be able to reply individually to all the messages or comments we receive via our social networks; however, we do read comments and messages and reserve the right to respond only during working hours.
The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems are inappropriate. Comments including, but not limited to, the following may be deleted or edited by our moderators:
- abusive or hurtful comments which may include:
- inappropriate language (e.g. profanity, racial, ethnic or gender-based language)
- personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (e.g. negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticising his/her posting, opinion or comments
- irrelevant and redundant comments (e.g. promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with the Cross River Rail project
- comments that violate the privacy of The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority’s staff, clients or stakeholders.
Any comments that contradict these guidelines may be removed, and people with repeated violations may be blocked from our social media channels.
When we link to any external websites we do not necessarily endorse that website, service or person.
Such sites and associated content are not under the control of the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority. As such, we are not responsible for the content or reliability of links, or for any loss or inconvenience arising from their use.
Following, liking and subscribing
If you follow us on any of our social media channels we may decide to follow you back. Being followed by us does not imply endorsement of any kind.
If @CrossRiverRail is following you through Twitter and you would prefer we didn’t, either:
- let us know and we’ll stop
- block us.
If you no longer wish to subscribe to our YouTube channel, please sign in to your account and visit the Cross River Railchannel. Here you will be able to unsubscribe and no longer receive updates from our channel. To learn more, go to YouTube help.
By submitting content to any of The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority’s social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information and all interaction is publicly viewable and searchable over time.
Learn more about privacy from: