Cross River Rail is working with the Department of Transport and Main Roads to plan and deliver three new stations at Pimpama, Helensvale North, and Merrimac/Worongary on the Gold Coast line.View Station
Cross River Rail is transforming the way we travel across all of South East Queensland. The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority is continuing with planning of three new rail stations on the Gold Coast Line to help connect South East Queensland’s growing population. Stations are being planned for Pimpama, Helensvale North and Merrimac.
Following consultation on the concept design in October 2019, the design for Pimpama Station has been refined and we are now seeking further feedback.
Feedback on the detailed design will be used to inform the final design for construction.
Early investigations commenced in January 2021 which included geotechnical works, surveys, utility identification and environmental studies including heritage, flora and fauna. The investigations and key outcomes include:
- Flora and fauna surveys have found no recorded threatened species at the station site
- Cultural heritage assessments undertaken during the development of the business case identified no areas of cultural significance.
- Flood and surface water modelling indicates the proposed design does not impact stormwater drainage, flood and surface water levels
- Noise monitoring was undertaken to inform management strategies
- Geotechnical assessments were undertaken to confirm ground conditions
Early construction works on the station access road are planned to start in late 2021 with major construction commencing in 2022.
An artist impression of the future Pimpama station
To see what the new Pimpama station could like once complete, use our online panorama tool.
Early Works – station access road and drainage
Construction to enable station access will be undertaken as an early works package, commencing in late 2021.
The works will include a new signalised intersection at Bedford Road and the Old Pacific Highway with connecting pedestrian and cycle pathways.
The Delivery Authority will manage construction activities and residents and businesses will be notified prior to construction commencing.