Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites during the COVID-19 pandemic and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites up to 14 September 2022 include:
- Cross River Rail’s twin tunnels are now fully excavated, after TBM Merle broke through into the Northern Portal on 17 December 2021. The 5.9km twin tunnels now stretch under the Brisbane River and CBD, connecting Dutton Park to Bowen Hills
- At Boggo Road, formwork, reinforcing and pour works for the permanent station structure are ongoing.
- At Woolloongabba, works on the northern cavern’s back of house structure continued, while in the station box, nine of 11 back of house slabs have been completed.
- At Albert Street, the eastern internal wall for the B10 level was completed, while service shaft excavation progressed in the cavern.
- At Roma Street, cavern lining works continued, and permanent structure works continued in the station box. At the services building, the B2 southern side was completed.
- At Exhibition, the Victoria Park Feeder Station switchroom building and transformer foundation progressed, as did stage 2 drainage works.
- At the Southern Portal, 33 of 46 piles for the Southern Works Bridge have been installed, while permanent stormwater and sewer manhole construction progressed.
- At Northern Portal, , excavation along the portal is nearing completion, and placement of the precast roof deck on capping beams is 86% complete (207 of 240).
- At Mayne Yard, LV system commissioning and energisation are progressing, and BR08 piling continued.
- At Clapham Yard, 927m of drainage works have been installed, while works on the Chale Street bridge blade pier continued.
Salisbury to Fairfield
- At Yeronga, works on the canopies for platform 1 and 2/3 continued, and Station Building C fit outs progressed.
- At Fairfield, platform 1 services and conduits progressed, while works on platform 2/3 services and conduits were completed.
- At Rocklea, the station is now closed for accessibility upgrades.
New Gold Coast stations
- Pimpama early works continued, with the first stage of excavation and installation of culverts under the old Pacific Highway underway.
- Registrations of interest for Merrimac station construction closed on 19 August.
- The Delivery Authority has engaged Acciona Georgiou Joint Venture (AGJV) for delivery of Hope Island station.
- Design progression, environmental studies and approvals are progressing for Hope Island, Merrimac, and Pimpama stations.
Check out the videos and galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.