Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites during the COVID-19 pandemic and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites up to 21 November 2022 include:
- Cross River Rail’s twin tunnels are now fully excavated, after TBM Merle broke through into the Northern Portal on 17 December 2021. The 5.9km twin tunnels now stretch under the Brisbane River and CBD, connecting Dutton Park to Bowen Hills.
- At Boggo Road, formwork, reinforcing and pour works for the permanent station structure progressed.
- At Woolloongabba, works on the south cavern platform structure continued, while in the station box, construction of the south cavern headwall and perimeter walls from B4 to ground level is halfway complete.
- At Albert Street, upper adit formwork is complete, and in the cavern, permanent arch form pours are underway.
- At Roma Street, cavern permanent lining works were completed, while in the station box, permanent structure works continued.
- At Exhibition, the Victoria Park Feeder Station switchroom building and transformer blockwall progressed.
- At the Southern Portal, permanent stormwater and sewer utility construction is ongoing.
- At Northern Portal, , placement of the precast roof deck on top of the capping beams has been completed, and excavation in the open trough section is nearing completion.
- At Mayne Yard, bridge BR08 formwork, reinforcing and pour works are continuing.
- At Clapham Yard, blade pier/wing wall works are progressing for the Chale Street Bridge.
Salisbury to Fairfield
- At Yeronga, platform 2/3 canopy works are progressing, as are the Station Building C fit-out finishes.
- At Fairfield, platform 2/3 canopy works are continuing.
- At Rocklea, platform slab works are progressing.
New Gold Coast stations
- At Pimpama, early works have continued, with the first stage of excavation and installation of culverts under the old Pacific Highway underway.
- At Merrimac, the request for offer phase is complete and proponent bid evaluations are underway.
- At Hope Island, the request for offer phase is complete and proponent bid evaluations are underway.
- At all three stations, design development, environmental studies and approvals continue to progress.
Check out the videos and galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.