Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites despite the COVID-19 pandemic and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites up to end of March 2021 include:
- At Boggo Road, station box excavation is over 87% complete and permanent drainage works are continuing. Northern cavern excavation has started, and works have begun on the station base.
- At Woolloongabba, TBM Else has excavated over 495 metres towards Albert Street and installed over 260 precast concrete rings to line tunnel wall. TBM Merle has excavated over 72 metres. Roadheader TWO has excavated over 112 metres while Roadheader THREE have excavated over 134 metres south to Boggo Road. You can stay up to date with a tunnelling progress on the TBM Tracker page.
- At Albert Street, station box excavation has reached over 15 metres. Roadheader tunnelling has continued in the station cavern with 71 of 181 metres excavated in the north heading and excavation in south heading excavation now completed. At the Northern Station entrance 50 piles installed with a depth of 30 metres.
- At Roma Street, a 44 metre high tower crane with a 10-tonne lift capacity has been installed. Roadheader ONE has excavated 270 metres of the station cavern’s lead heading while Roadheader FOUR has excavated 220 metres of station cavern’s trail heading. In the station box, retention piling works have seen 86 piles installed. One test blast and six production blasts have occurred in the station cavern.
- At Exhibition, piling, retaining wall and utilities works are continuing. 40 piles have been installed for the western viaduct and bridge structure in preparation to construct the new Cross River Rail tracks.
- In the Southern Area, 115 piles have been installed, while site establishment and utility relocation works are underway. Works have continued between Dutton Park, Park Road and Buranda stations.
- At Northern Portal, staged excavation and retention works are continuing and 131 piles have been installed. Permanent pile installation works are underway.
- At Northern Corridor and Mayne Yard, earthworks, piling and drainage works are continuing and 32 piles have been installed.
Salisbury to Fairfield
- At Yeronga, the site establishment has been completed and planning for Yeronga dual gauge track lowering is underway.
- At Clapham Yard, earthworks, piling and drainage works have continued.
The Gold Coast
- Early investigation works are underway at the three Gold Coast station sites at Pimpama, Merrimac and Helensvale North.
Scroll through the galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.