Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites from September include:
- At Boggo Road, large scale excavation works for the station box have continued and excavation is now nearly 60% complete.
- At Woolloongabba, Roadheader TWO has tunnelled 90 metres north while Roadheader THREE has progressed 100 metres south. Preparations are continuing for the arrival of the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) in late 2020 and the first of two large tower cranes has been installed.
- At Albert Street, Roadheader FIVE has started heading south of the cavern and has progressed 7 metres. Excavation of the main station box is progressing and demolition works have continued at the site of the northern station entrance.
- At Roma Street, Roadheaders ONE and FOUR have completed an underground access adit and tunnelling has progressed 80 metres into the 280 metre long main cavern heading. Above ground, the demolition of the former Hotel Jen and former Transit Centre East Tower are complete and demolition of the West Tower is nearing completion. Piling works for the station services building have also commenced.
- At Exhibition station, construction works have continued with rock excavation along O’Connell Terrace and an access road construction.
- At Mayne Yard, Stage One earthworks and re-decking of the Siding Bridge is complete while drainage works are continuing. In the Project’s Northern Corridor, new traffic lights have been installed on Gregory Terrace and drainage works have also continued.
- Along the Shorncliffe line, early works are continuing as we prepare to install the new world-class signalling system being delivered as part of the Cross River Rail project.
Scroll through the galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.