Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites during the COVID-19 pandemic and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites up to 6 May 2022 include:
- Cross River Rail’s twin tunnels are now fully excavated, after TBM Merle broke through into the Northern Portal on 17 December 2021. The 5.9km twin tunnels now stretch under the Brisbane River and CBD, connecting Dutton Park to Bowen Hills.
- At Boggo Road, works continued on the back of house in the cavern, while 34% of in situ concrete has been laid and 48% of reinforcement installed.
- At Woolloongabba, permanent lining works continued in the northern cavern were completed, while in the station box, seven of 11 back of house slabs have been completed.
- At Albert Street, station box excavation has been completed (47,305 cubic metres). Wall trimming and ground support works in the northern cavern are ongoing. At the northern station entrance, excavation is underway with 14,942 cubic metres (78%) of spoil removed so far.
- At Roma Street, cavern concreting continued, with the invert slab 86% and kickers now 72% complete. In the station box, construction of the external reinforced concrete walls continued, while at the services building, B3 slab pours continued.
- At Exhibition, the pier 9 relieving slab wall for bridge 43 is 97% complete.
- At the Southern Portal, 621 (of 635) piles have been installed, and capping beam pours are ongoing with 688 of 1,015 lineal metres completed so far. Micro-tunnelling works are 99% complete, with the sixth and final drive now underway.
- At Northern Portal, excavation along the portal is 97.5% complete (58,500 of 60,000 cubic metres), and placement of the precast roof deck on capping beams is 86% complete (207 of 240).
- At Mayne Yard, the Rail Traffic Crew Building’s internal walls are 78% complete, while signalling roads 9-11 are 88% complete.
- At Clapham Yard, 620m of drainage works have been installed, while piling works for the Chale Street Bridge continued.
Salisbury to Fairfield
- At Yeronga, platform 2/3 platform finishes are 69% complete, while the station building C equipment room framing has been completed.
- At Fairfield, platform 1 and 2 excavation has been completed, and the overpass foundation excavation is 50% complete.
New Gold Coast stations
- Pimpama early works continued, with piling works for the sewer main diversion completed.
- Design progression, environmental studies and approvals are progressing for Hope Island, Merrimac, and Pimpama stations.
Check out the videos and galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.