Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites from November include:
- At Boggo Road, station box excavation is over 60 per cent complete and a water treatment plant has been installed and is operational on site.
- At Woolloongabba, Roadheader TWO and Roadheader THREE have tunnelled 100 metres both north and south. The station box excavation is complete. Preparations are underway for the arrival of the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) from December 2020.
- At Albert Street, Roadheader SIX has arrived while Roadheader FIVE has tunnelled 12 metres. Controlled blasting continued throughout November and demolition works at the northern entrance are complete. Station box excavation is now 7 metres deep.
- At Roma Street, Roadheaders ONE and FOUR have tunnelled 170 metres of cavern and demolition is over 90 per cent complete. Piling works for the Services Building is complete, with 96 piles installed.
- At Exhibition, the relocation of services and access road construction is underway. On Lanham Street, rock excavation continues.
- At the Northern Portal, microtunnelling and drainage works are underway, and a retaining wall is under construction.
- At Mayne Yard, permanent fencing and drainage is under construction.
- At Yeronga station, early construction works have commenced, with site establishment and rail corridor works underway.
Scroll through the galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.