Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites despite the COVID-19 pandemic and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites up to end of April 2021 include:
- At Boggo Road, station box excavation is 91% complete and the northern cavern excavation is 32.8% complete. Two tunnel excavators have arrived and commenced tunnelling. Permanent drainage works in the southern section continued, while the southern station wall scaffolding was completed.
- At Woolloongabba, TBM Else started tunnelling under the Brisbane River and excavated 810 metres towards Albert Street and installed 471 precast concrete rings. TBM Merle has excavated 385 metres and installed 226 precast concrete rings. Roadheader TWO has excavated 170 metres and Roadheader THREE has excavated 191 metres south to Boggo Road. You can stay up to date with a tunnelling progress on the TBM Tracker page.
- At Albert Street, station box excavation is 34% complete. Roadheader tunnelling continued in the station cavern with 84 of 181 metres excavated in the north heading. At the northern station entrance piling was completed with 69 piles installed.
- At Roma Street, station cavern excavation was completed. In the station box retention piling works have seen 117 piles installed. Excavation of the Services Building site is 45% complete. Seven blasts occurred at the Roma Street site in April.
- At Exhibition, piling, retaining wall and utilities works continued. 57 piles have been installed for the western viaduct and bridge structure in preparation to construct the new Cross River Rail tracks.
- In the Southern Area, 150 piles have been installed, while site office installation was completed and utility relocation works have continued. 95 sheet piles were installed during the Easter closure works.
- At Northern Portal, earthworks, piling and drainage works continued and 17 bored piles were installed. A new ETCS interlocking safety system was commissioned at Mayne Yard.
- At Northern Corridor and Mayne Yard, earthworks, piling and drainage works continued and 17 bored piles were installed. A new ETCS interlocking safety system was commissioned at Mayne Yard.
Salisbury to Fairfield
- At Yeronga, the dual gauge track lowering works were completed and Platform 1 retaining wall works have continued.
- At Clapham Yard, earthworks and site establishment works have continued.
The Gold Coast
- • Early investigation works have continued at the three Gold Coast station sites at Pimpama, Merrimac and Helensvale North.
Scroll through the galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.