Around Our Work Sites
With the implementation of appropriate social distancing measures and personal hygiene protocols at each worksite to ensure the safety of workers, work has been able to continue at all of our construction sites during the COVID-19 pandemic and we have been able to ensure continued progress of our Project.
Updates from around our worksites up to 9 July include:
- Tunnel Boring machines (tunnelling north from Woolloongabba), TBM Else has excavated 1,821 metres while installing 1,071 precast concrete rings and has now passed the Albert St station location; TBM Merle has excavated 1,675 metres, while installing 985 precast concrete rings and has now arrived at the Albert St station location.
- Roadheaders (tunnelling south from Woolloongabba), have excavated 475 metres and 484 metres respectively from.
- You can stay up to date with a tunnelling progress on the TBM Tracker page.
- At Boggo Road, station box excavation is 94% complete (139,115 cubic metres of spoil removed) and the northern cavern heading excavation is 100% complete. Our two tunnel excavators are continuing 24/7 tunnelling operations.
- At Woolloongabba, south station cavern waterproofing, reinforcing and permanent lining works continue, while the permanent floor slab for the south cavern is now complete.
- At Albert Street, station box excavation is 39% complete (17,189 cubic metres). Roadheader tunnelling continues in the station cavern, with 118 of 181 metres excavated in the north heading. At the northern station entrance, excavation is underway with 2,023 cubic metres of spoil removed so far.
- At Roma Street, total station cavern excavation is 94% complete (79,517 cubic metres so far). In the station box, bench one of 16 is complete and retention work is ongoing, and excavation of the Services Building site is 75% complete. There have also been 29 blasts at the site to date.
- At Exhibition, piling cap works and bridge works continued. 79 piles (out of 86) have been installed for the western viaduct and bridge structure, in preparation for construction of the new Cross River Rail tracks.
- In the Southern Portal, 309 (out of 530) piles have been installed, and capping beam pours are ongoing with 110 lineal meters completed so far. Micro-tunnelling works have also continued.
- At Northern Portal, the ongoing installation of permanent piles is at 65% with 194 of 299 permanent piles are now installed. Permanent capping beam pours have commenced, with 15% completed (100 lineal metres). Soil nail retention wall has been completed.
- At Mayne Yard, all 802 ground improvement columns have been installed, as well as 41 bored piles.
Salisbury to Fairfield
- At Yeronga, 47% of screw piles for platforms have been installed so far (121 of 256).
- At Clapham Yard, earthworks and demolition work continues (36,111 cubic metres of imported fill has arrived to site)
The Gold Coast
- Community consultation for Pimpama station detailed designs underway 12 July to 7 August, with early works scheduled to commence late 2021.
- Consultation for Helensvale North and Merrimac stations to also occur in 2021.
Scroll through the galleries below to see just how much is changing at some of our larger worksites.