Cross River Rail is working with the Department of Transport and Main Roads to plan and deliver three new stations at Pimpama, Hope Island, and Merrimac/Worongary on the Gold Coast line.View Station
Hope Island Station
Cross River Rail is transforming the way we travel across all of South East Queensland. The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority is continuing with planning of three new rail stations on the Gold Coast Line to help connect South East Queensland’s growing population. Stations are being planned for Pimpama, Hope Island (formerly Helensvale North), and Merrimac.
Station proposed to be named Hope Island
The station is proposed to be named Hope Island instead of Helensvale North following strong and consistent community feedback. We sought further feedback from the community during consultation between 23 August and 18 September 2021 to ensure the name change is as universally popular as feedback so far has indicated.
Feedback on the detailed design will be used to inform the final design for construction.
Early investigations commenced in January 2021, which included geotechnical works, surveys, utility identification and environmental studies including heritage, flora and fauna. The investigations and key outcomes include:
- Flora and fauna surveys found no recorded threatened species at the station site
- Cultural heritage assessments undertaken during the development of the business case identified the need for further investigations. Flood and surface water modelling indicates the proposed design does not impact stormwater drainage, flood and surface water levels
- Noise monitoring was undertaken to inform management strategies
- Geotechnical assessments were undertaken to confirm ground conditions.
To see what the new Hope Island station could like once complete, please click here.
Benefits for Hope Island
Hope Island station will provide the local community with greater access to convenient rail services; expanding options for easy travel within the Gold Coast, as well as to Brisbane.
The new Hope Island station will include the following features:
2. Provision for future car park expansion
3. Future Coomera Connector project
4. Lighting and CCTV throughout car park and station
5. Six accessible car parks
6. Two through-lifts on each platform
7. Accessible kiss ‘n’ ride bays
8. Accessible taxi bays
9. Bus stops
10. Bus parking
12. Planned connection to local pedestrian and cycle paths
13. Existing pedestrian connections
14. Station building and ticketing
15. Stairs connecting entry level to platforms
16. New signalised intersection
17. Water overflow basin
18. Existing phone tower
19. Existing sewer station
The Hope Island station will be located next to Mangrove Jack Park, off Hope Island Road and is scheduled to be open in time for the first Cross River Rail services to the Gold Coast.
To stay up to date with the project and to receive notifications, we encourage you to subscribe.