Fairfield Station Upgrades
As part of the Cross River Rail Project, Fairfield Station will be upgraded to improve access and functionality.
Features of the Fairfield station include:
- An additional third platform
- A new station building
- An upgrade to the existing platform
- New overpass and vertical transport system including three lifts and stairs
- Architectural design that considers the surrounding residential areas
- The new overpass, stairs and lifts will improve access to the centre of the platforms
- Provision for accessible parking within the car park
- Relocate and retain heritage shelter
- Existing side platform entry from Equity Street to be retained.
Between January and February 2020, the UNITY Alliance sought feedback on the concept design for an upgraded Fairfield station, as part of the Cross River Rail project. You can read the feedback in full here.
Construction is now underway at Fairfield station.