Fairfield station accessibility rebuild update
Fairfield station reopened to customers on Monday 9 January 2023, however access is via stairs only. Construction activities will continue at Fairfield station until late-2023 with permanent station facilities opening in stages.
Cross River Rail would like to thank the community for their patience throughout the closure, and their continued patience while work continues, and station features come online throughout 2023.
While many features are complete at Fairfield station, some works are continuing. The following features will gradually open to customers as construction works continue until late 2023:
- Station office and public amenities
- Footpaths and accessible parking
- Customer information screens
- New bicycle shelter
Information for returning customers
- You can catch a train from platforms 1 and 2.
- A ticket machine is available on platform 1, near the northern Equity Street station entry for customers to purchase a paper ticket or top up their go card.
- There are no toilets available for customers.
- Station platforms are accessible via stairs only. Lifts and ramps will not be available. If you need lift access, please use Yeronga or Park Road stations until the new lifts at Fairfield are opened.
You can read more about the latest progress at Fairfield station by using the link below: