Fairfield station accessibility rebuild update
Fairfield station reopened to customers on Monday 9 January 2023, however access is via stairs only. Construction activities will continue at Fairfield station until late-2023 with permanent station facilities opening in stages.
Cross River Rail would like to thank the community for their patience throughout the closure, and their continued patience while work continues, and station features come online throughout 2023.
Many of the features available when the station reopens will be temporary.
Works will continue on the following features:
- Station office and public amenities
- Footpaths and accessible parking
- Customer information screens
- New bicycle shelter
- Lifts and permanent stairs on the pedestrian overpass
Information for returning customers
- You can catch a train from platforms 1 and 2.
- A temporary ticket office and ticket machine will be available at the station entrance on Equity Street for customers to purchase a paper ticket or top up their go card.
- Temporary toilets will also be located at the station entrance on Equity Street.
- Station platforms will be accessible via stairs only. Lifts and ramps will not be available. If you need lift access, please keep using Yeerongpilly or Park Road stations until the new lifts at Fairfield are opened.
You can read more about the latest progress at Fairfield station by using the link below: