Rocklea station upgrades
As part of the Cross River Rail Project, Rocklea station will be upgraded to improve access and functionality.
Features of the Rocklea station include:
- An additional (third) platform
- A new station building
- An upgrade to the platform finish
- A new overpass and vertical transport system including three lifts and three switchback stairs
- Provision for accessible car parking within the existing car park
- A new enclosed bicycle storage shelter (capacity for 40)
- A new canopy on the platform to improve weather protection
- Improved access to the platforms.
Early works are continuing including geotechnical investigations, survey, environmental monitoring and preparing the detailed design for construction. Major construction at Rocklea station is scheduled to start in mid-2022.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: