Rocklea station upgrades
As part of the Cross River Rail Project, Rocklea station will be upgraded to improve access and functionality.
Features of the Rocklea station include:
- An additional (third) platform
- A new station building
- An upgrade to the platform finish
- A new overpass and vertical transport system including three lifts and three switchback stairs
- Provision for accessible car parking within the existing car park
- A new enclosed bicycle storage shelter (capacity for 40)
- A new canopy on the platform to improve weather protection
- Improved access to the platforms.
Early works are continuing including geotechnical investigations, survey, environmental monitoring and preparing the detailed design for construction. Major construction at Rocklea station is scheduled to start in mid-2022.
Get involved and have your say
We’d like your feedback to help further develop the Rocklea station concept design.
Community drop-in session
We will be holding a community drop-in session to enable you to meet the team, ask questions and provide feedback.
Drop in anytime at the session below:
- From 11:30am to 1:30pm on Friday 7 August 2020 at the Cross River Rail Experience Centre Level 1, 151A Elizabeth Street, Brisbane.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: