Rocklea station accessibility rebuild update
Rocklea station is now closed until mid-2024 as part of Cross River Rail’s station upgrade program. The station is being rebuilt to make Rocklea an accessible train station, providing a better transport experience for all customers.
The works at Rocklea station will include:
- Reconstruction of platforms 1 and 2 including building new retaining walls, and the addition of a third platform
- Relocation of in-ground services
- Installation of new shade canopies and new station furniture (seating, bins, etc.)
- Construction of a new pedestrian overpass including stairs and three lifts
- Construction of car park with turnaround facility, provision for kiss ‘n’ ride and accessible parking
- Construction of a new enclosed bicycle storage shelter (capacity for 40), footpaths and landscaping
- Installation of services including CCTV, wayfinding signage, lighting and ticketing.
All construction activities will be completed during the closure, weather and construction conditions permitting. When the station reopens, it will be fully accessible and operational for all customers.
To help customers reach their destination during the station closure, there will be alternative transport options. See below for our top travel tips.
Access during station closure
The pedestrian bridge and footpath over the rail corridor between Brooke Street and Railway Parade will be closed for the duration of the station closure. Pedestrian access between Railway Parade and Brooke Street will be via Heaton Street (under Beaudesert Road).
Pedestrians will not be able to access the station platforms or construction area during the closure.
There will be limited parking available on Brooke Street during the closure, and the Rocklea park ’n’ ride will be closed throughout construction.
During the station closure you may notice some changes around the station, such as temporary traffic changes and temporary footpath changes. Please follow traffic control and signs to safely navigate through the area.
There will be alternative travel options to support you during the closure:
- StationLink route 109 is a high frequency bus service which will operate between Rocklea station and the PA Hospital busway station. The StationLink stop at Rocklea will be in front of the station on Brooke Street.You’ll be able to track StationLink in real time on the MyTranslink app, and plan your new journey with Translink’s journey planner.
- StationLink buses are accessible with ticketing equipment available, and run every 15 minutes in peak times.
- If you live on the eastern side of the station, routes 598 and 599 from Muriel Avenue provide a connection every 30 minutes to and from Salisbury station, and to other local suburbs.
- If you would like to continue travelling by train, Salisbury and Moorooka stations remain open to customers.
- There is plenty of space in the western car park at Salisbury station. Parking at Moorooka station is extremely limited.
- If you need an accessible station, Yeerongpilly and Coopers Plains are the closest stations with lift access.
There may be other local services that are better for you, so remember to plan ahead before you travel.
The nearest retailer to Rocklea station to purchase a go card is at Moorooka Foodstore and News on Beaudesert Road, however this retailer does not top-up go cards.
The easiest way to ensure you always have enough money to travel is to activate auto top-up, by linking your registered go card to your credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can visit Moorooka or Salisbury stations.
You can also top up or buy a go card online at the TransLink website, or from any local retailer.
You can read more about the Rocklea station accessibility rebuild process by using the link below: