Community consultation on the concept design for Moorooka station is now open and will continue until Sunday 3 March 2024. Feedback on the concept design will be used to inform the final design for construction.
Get involved and have your say
You can fill out the online survey or attend one of our community drop-in sessions where you can meet the team, ask questions, and provide face-to-face feedback on the concept design.
Contribute your local knowledge and provide comments via our online survey.
Community drop-in sessions
Drop in anytime at the sessions below:
- Moorooka Community Centre, 40 Gainsborough Street, Moorooka.
- Wednesday 14 February 2024, 11:30am until 1:30pm
- Saturday 2 March 2024, 9:00am until 11:00am.
Moorooka station upgrade
As part of the Cross River Rail project, Moorooka station will be rebuilt to improve access and functionality.
Features of the Moorooka station upgrade will include:
- An additional (third) platform to be co-located with the current Moorooka station platforms.
- A new station building.
- An upgrade to the existing platforms.
- A new overpass and vertical transport system including three lifts and switchback stairs to improve access to the platforms.
- Kiss ’n’ Ride parking bays and new accessible car parking off Ipswich Road.
- New bus bay facilities at the station entrance to improve public transport connectivity.
- New canopies on the platform, to improve weather protection.
- New secure bicycle storage facilities with capacity for up to 40 bikes.
All of this information is available in PDF form: