Cross River Rail is a critical public transport infrastructure project which will improve our quality of life, help our economy keep growing, generate thousands of jobs, and activate urban development across the whole region.Read more
Overall, feedback from the community and stakeholders indicated support for the new stations on the Gold Coast Line.
During the consultation period over 1150 people provided feedback through online surveys, community drop-in sessions, stakeholder meetings, emails and phone calls to the project team.
Summary of feedback
A summary of the feedback received during the consultation period included:
- Increase parking capacity at each station to minimise parking overflow
- Manage noise and visual impacts on surrounding properties
- Incorporate lighting and security into station design
- Ensure traffic conditions around each station remain safe and efficient
- Improve connecting bus services as well as pedestrian and bicycle accesses
- Minimise impacts on green-space including vegetation and fauna
- Change the Helensvale North Station name to Hope Island Station.
Concept designs for each station will be developed during the detailed design and procurement phases. All feedback received during the consultation period will be considered and further community consultation on the detailed designs will be undertaken in 2020.
As part of the detailed design phase, additional studies will be undertaken including construction methodology, noise modelling, traffic modelling, flood modelling and flora and fauna studies. These studies will also be used to further refine the designs and identify appropriate mitigation measures.
Construction of the new stations is anticipated to start in late 2020.