Surveying and early works will continue from mid-January and throughout February 2024, prior to the commencement of major construction works. Site enabling and mobilisation activities are underway, to prepare for major construction.
The community will be kept updated as the station design is finalised and will be notified of the construction program activities well in advance of works commencing on site.
Benefits for Merrimac
Merrimac station will provide the local community with greater access to convenient rail services, expanding options for easy travel within the Gold Coast, as well as to Brisbane.
The new Merrimac station will be located off Gooding Drive, approximately 750 metres east of the Pacific Motorway and Gooding Drive Interchange (Exit 77) and is scheduled to be open in time for the first Cross River Rail services to the Gold Coast.
2. Lighting and CCTV throughout car park and station
3. Eight accessible car parks
4. Through-lifts on each platform
5. Accessible kiss ‘n’ ride bays
6. Accessible taxi bays
7. Bus stops
8. Bus parking
9. Undercover lock-up for 40 bicycles
10. Planned connection to local pedestrian and cycle paths
12. Provision for pedestrian connection
13. Planned connection to local pedestrian and cycle paths
14. Existing pedestrian connections
15. Station building and ticketing
16. Stairs connecting entry level to platforms
17. Pedestrian overpass
18. New signalised intersection
19. Balancing pond
To stay up to date with the project and to receive notifications, we encourage you to subscribe.