Salisbury station construction update - February 2024
During February 2024, UNITY Alliance will be undertaking early works in your local area as part of the Cross River Rail, Salisbury station accessibility upgrade.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday during February 2024, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Earthworks including vegetation removal and general ground clearing, gravel installation and leveling works on Dollis Street
- Constructing a stable surface for piling to commence within the rail corridor including excavation and concreting
- Drainage installation works including excavation, steel fixing and concreting
- Service identification using vacuum trucks, and excavation for service installation.
Out of hours work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, as outlined below.
At Salisbury station and rail corridor and intermittently between 6:30pm and 6:30am during February 2024, the following works will occur:
- Location of inground services including the use of vacuum trucks
- Installation of safety barriers within the rail corridor using power tools including hammer drills
- Delivery of materials to the rail corridor via Dollis Street, Fairlie Terrace and Lillian Avenue
- Earthworks and drainage installation.
At Salisbury station and rail corridor and between 2:00am Saturday 24 and 3:00am Monday 26 February 2024, the following works will occur:
- Earthworks including the use of excavators and vacuum trucks and for new station platform early works
- Drainage installation works and service identification
- Signalling works and installation of overhead electrical line masts and foundations
- Cable service relocation including trenching and installation
- Piling for new overhead structures
- Precast concrete panel installation and concrete works.
Work locations at Salisbury station February 2024
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- A single lane closure on Fairlie Terrace and Dollis Street to access the rail corridor (please see map above). Traffic control and signage will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists around work areas
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators (with rock breaker), bobcat, vacuum trucks, soil sampling drill rig, concrete trucks, concrete pump trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Increased levels of noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: