Construction update Salisbury station - July 2021
During July 2021, UNITY Alliance will continue construction activities in your local area for construction of the Cross River Rail project.
Out of hours work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours but are timed to take place within a planned weekend track closure, as outlined below.
At Salisbury station and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 3 July and 2:00am Monday 5 July 2021, the following works will occur:
- Under track crossing using a directional drilling rig
- Installation of under track crossing conduits for services
- Cable route and service trenching and installation
- Installation of fencing.
Salisbury station under track crossing work areas
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Access into the rail corridor will be via Dollis Street and Fairlie Terrace, Salisbury.
- A single lane closure will be in place on Fairlie Terrace (please see map above) during these works. Signage will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists around works areas. Please observe the directions of traffic control while passing through the area
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators (with rock breaker), track-mounted directional drilling rig, vacuum trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: