Clapham Yard construction update - February and March 2024
Between February and March 2024, UNITY Alliance will continue earthworks, drainage, track construction, overhead electrical works and the installation of services at Clapham Yard.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Sunday between February and March 2024, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continuing construction works on the Chale Street and Moolabin Creek bridges
- Continuing installation of drainage, service conduits and pits for electrical, communications and cable routes
- Importing materials, including placement and compaction of gravel
- Continue overhead electrical line footing and mast installation works
- Track construction and maintenance work within the rail corridor.
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Along Clapham Yard and Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly, the following works will occur between 6:30pm and 6:30am intermittently from February and March 2024:
- Public utility service investigations (water and sewer). Traffic control will be in place when required
- Delivery of equipment and materials to site including concrete, gravels and building supplies
- Muriel Avenue bridge handrail installation works
- Concrete pours and girder installation for bridge construction.
At Clapham Yard, between 2:00am Saturday 24 and 3:00am Monday 26 February, between 12:00am Saturday 2 and 3:00am Monday 4 March, and between 2:00am Saturday 16 and 3:00am Monday 18 March 2024, the following works will occur:
- Muriel Avenue bridge handrail installation works – lane closures on Muriel Avenue (see map)
- Cable service relocation and under track crossing (conduit) installations near the Muriel Avenue and Moolabin Creek rail bridges
- Signalling works and installation of overhead electrical line masts and foundations.
Work locations and intermittent traffic changes February and March 2024
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Intermittent single lane closures on Fairfield Road (outbound)
- Lane closures on Muriel Avenue with Queensland Police and traffic control to assist. Traffic movements will be maintained in both directions through the work area. Traffic delays are expected. Please allow extra travel time
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators with hydraulic hammers, graders, rollers, water carts, front end loaders, mobile cranes, piling rigs, drilling rigs, vacuum excavation trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form:
Cross River Rail will transform how we travel to, from and through Brisbane in the future. And while that means the whole of South East Queensland can start looking forward to the benefits of Cross River Rail, right now it means changes to the way you travel. Use the links below to plan your journey: