Clapham Yard construction update - August to September 2022
During August and September 2022, earthworks, drainage, retaining wall and internal bridge construction will continue and electrical / communications services installation will commence in the new Clapham Yard stabling facility.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Sunday during August and September 2022, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continuing drainage works in Clapham Yard and on the corner of Sherwood Road and Fairfield Road
- Continuing retaining wall and fence construction in Clapham Yard and adjacent to Fairfield Road
- Continuing pier construction works for the Chale Street and Moolabin Creek bridges
- Continuing earthworks to level construction areas, ground surface treatment works and excavation
- Continuing installation of service conduits and pits for electrical, communications and cable routes
- Importing materials, including placement and compaction of gravel for the stabling yard
- Track and maintenance work within the rail corridor.
- Removal of footpath closure on the eastern side of Fairfield Road
Out of hours work
These activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours as outlined below, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Along Clapham Yard and Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly, the following works will occur between 6:30pm and 6:30am for one week during August and September 2022:
- Continuous water pumping activity for approximately one week to dewater a drainage pipe outlet work area (coffer dam) at the Moolabin Creek bridge works
- Public utility service investigations (water and sewer). Traffic control will be in place when required, or where restrictions have been imposed by service providers
- Drainage pipe and headwall construction
- Delivery of materials to site including concrete, gravels and building supplies
- Concrete pours for retaining wall and bridge construction.
At Clapham Yard, and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 20 and 2:30am Monday 22 August 2022, the following works will occur:
- Overhead electrical line installation and signalling works
- Installation of pre-cast concrete girders for the new Moolabin Creek bridge
- Delivery of rail to site.
At Clapham Yard, and intermittently between 6:00am Saturday 10 and 10:00pm Sunday 11 September 2022, the following works will occur:
- Overhead electrical line foundation works and mast installation
- Signalling and cabling relocation works including earthworks
- Early works for dual gauge lowering including installation of fencing within the rail corridor near Moorooka station
- Delivery of rail to site.
Work locations and temporary traffic changes during August and September 2022
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Temporary traffic changes on Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly to assist with stormwater drainage connection works
- Minor vegetation clearing around work areas
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators with hydraulic hammers, graders, rollers, water carts, front end loaders, mobile cranes, piling rigs, drilling rigs, pipe jacking rig, vacuum excavation trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form:
Cross River Rail will transform how we travel to, from and through Brisbane in the future. And while that means the whole of South East Queensland can start looking forward to the benefits of Cross River Rail, right now it means changes to the way you travel. Use the links below to plan your journey: