Construction update Yeerongpilly station works
During March 2020, the UNITY Alliance will continue work within the rail corridor between Fairfield and Salisbury stations for construction of the Cross River Rail project.
Details of work
The activities outlined below are scheduled to occur intermittently between Saturday 14 and Monday 16 March 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting. All works are planned to minimise impact to the public. Some
work will occur outside the project’s normal working hours (6:30am – 6:30pm Monday to Saturday) but are timed to
coincide with an existing Queensland Rail corridor closure, as outlined below:
- Location: Yeerongpilly station
- Date and hours of work: Intermittently between 12:00am Saturday 14 March and 12:00am Monday 16 March
- Type of work: survey and identification of utilities such as water, electricity and gas, inspections of station buildings and platforms and testing of signalling and cable route installation works.
What to expect
During construction, you may notice some minor disruptions such as:
- Increased levels of localised noise and dust from the use of machinery such as drill rigs, vacuum excavation trucks and excavators
- Increased construction vehicle movements on local roads and within the project corridor
- Delivery of plant, materials and equipment to the project corridor.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities. Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for nearby residents and businesses, this includes:
- Maintaining access to residents’ properties
- Keeping higher noise-generating activities to the daytime hours wherever possible
- Ensuring plant / equipment used is in good working order and has been maintained
- Minimising light spill – directing light-generating plant and equipment away from residences
- Conducting toolbox talks with work crews to remind them of out of hours work protocols (no unnecessary noise).
We appreciate your patience during the construction period and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: