Rocklea station construction update - October 2023
In September 2023, UNITY Alliance continued construction on the new Rocklea station overpass, installation of platform canopies and the station entrance. During October 2023, service relocation works, overpass fit out, installation of station lifts and access stairs, drainage works, retaining walls and platform construction will continue.
Accessibility re-build completion update
Rocklea Station is currently closed for a full accessibility upgrade. The station will remain closed until mid-2024 to ensure all critical works can be complete
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday during October 2023, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continue construction of inground services including excavation for drainage and installation of service protection (e.g., concrete casing), conduits and pits
- Continue installation of station platform canopy steel, formwork and concreting
- Continue fit out of the new pedestrian overpass including electrical, lighting and flooring
- Excavation of services and installation of concrete reinforcement for water main protection works
- Installation of access stairs structural steel and fit out
- Installation of structural steel and pre-cast concrete panels for lift structures.
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, as outlined below.
At Rocklea station and intermittentlybetween 6:30pm and 6:30am during October 2023, the following works will occur:
- Delivering materials and equipment onto station platforms and removal of materials from site
- Station platform and building concrete pours, including dewatering using vacuum trucks when required
- Station canopy construction including welding and grinding.
At Rocklea station and in the rail corridor, between 2:30am Saturday 30 September to 2:00pm Tuesday 3 October 2023,and between 6:00am Saturday 28 October to 10:00pm Sunday 29 October 2023 the following works will occur:
- Installation of structural steel for station buildings and canopies
- Cable service relocation including trenching and installation
- Platform construction including steel fixing, concreting, installation of coping edge (tiles) and tactiles, and installation of services (e.g., water, electrical).
Work areas and construction access points at Rocklea station
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Trucks and machinery including frontend loaders, excavators with rock breakers, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks, pump trucks, mobile cranes, saws, small power tools, minor vibrating equipment, and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local areas such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Increased noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form:
Cross River Rail won’t just transform Brisbane, it will transform the way we travel across South East Queensland. But building Cross River Rail means changes to travel and transport services during construction. Plan your journey by using the links below: