Construction activities continue
Throughout July, activities on site will include:
- Starting demolition of the Boggo Road busway retaining wall to enable construction of the station box. This work will be undertaken at night to minimise impacts to busway operations.
- Drilling and pouring piles
- Installing a capping beam to secure piles together
- Installing rock anchors and ground support
- Excavating the station box and earthwork activities
- Removing excavated material from site by trucks
- Machinery and equipment deliveries
- Environmental monitoring
- Removing sheet piles
- Geotechnical investigation work on Peter Doherty Street and Kent Street.
Service and ground condition investigations
Throughout July, workers may be seen around Dutton Park station and Boggo Road precinct as they locate and inspect inground services and utilities such as power, water, sewer and telecommunications. This includes Peter Doherty Street, Railway Terrace, Dutton Street, Rawnsley Street, Pound Street, Kent Street, Cope Street, Noble Street, Sampson Street and Annerley Road near Cornwall Street in Dutton Park.
Investigation activities will include:
- CCTV inspections and pressure cleaning of water and sewer infrastructure
- Geotechnical investigations to take samples of ground/soil conditions
- Utility investigation and reinstatement activities.
Construction equipment to be used during this work will include vacuum excavation trucks, road saws, small excavators, tipper trucks, compactors, truck-mounted geotechnical drilling rigs and specialist CCTV vehicles.
Night work and temporary traffic changes: Joe Baker Street service relocations
From mid-July for approximately two weeks between 6.30pm to 6.30am, work to relocate the sewer infrastructure on Joe Baker Street will be undertaken.
During this night work, the eastern end of Boggo Road and Joe Baker Street will be closed and reopened each morning and detours will be in place.
Activities involved will include:
- Sawcutting a section of footpath and excavating a trench across Joe Baker Street to install sewer infrastructure
- Backfilling and reinstatement work
- Overnight closure of the eastern end of Joe Baker Street for the duration of the work
- Temporary pedestrian access changes. Pedestrians will be temporarily diverted to the walkway between Ecosciences Precinct and Boggo Road Gaol.
A signed detour will be in place at night and traffic control will be onsite to assist motorists and pedestrians. Northbound motorists needing to access Peter Doherty Street will be detoured into Boggo Road and turned around in the Boggo Road Gaol car park to then travel south on Annerley Road, and turn left into Peter Doherty Street.
Construction equipment to be used during this work will include excavators, a vacuum excavation truck, pozi track, a concrete saw and hand tools, a generator, compaction equipment, a roller, an asphalt truck, a
concrete truck and lighting towers.
Note that during service relocation work at night, property access will be maintained to the Ecosciences Precinct at all times via traffic control.