Details of work
From July 2020, early works will start in areas of the RNA Brisbane Showgrounds adjacent to the existing rail corridor. These works are expected to continue intermittently for up to five weeks, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Construction activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. Access through the RNA Brisbane Showgrounds will be maintained and signage will be in place to direct pedestrians and cyclists around works areas, please observe the directions of traffic control while passing through the area.
All works are being carried out in accordance with the relevant environmental approvals and will involve:
- Installation of safety fencing and barriers to contain work areas
- Delivery of equipment and materials
- Removal of trees and trimming of other vegetation within the project footprint
- Demolition of redundant buildings and structures within the footprint of the new Exhibition station
- Light vehicles and truck movements to remove material from site
- Use of machinery including excavators, mobile cranes and trucks.
Demolition and safe removal of any hazardous material
Prior to demolition of the building structures, work will be carried out to remove internal fittings, fixtures and to safely remove any hazardous materials found in the buildings.
These activities will be carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements for the safety of workers and the community.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some increased levels of noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas
- Temporary pedestrian diversions around work areas.
Every effort will be made to keep disruptions to a minimum for residents and businesses in proximity to the project site.
We appreciate your patience during construction and we will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: