Geotechnical investigations - Spring Hill and Herston
From mid-March 2020 for approximately six weeks, geotechnical investigations will be carried out to investigate underground rock and soil conditions near the Cross River Rail tunnel alignment and northern portal in Spring Hill and Herston.
Details of work
- Identifying the location of existing utilty services in the work area using a vaccum excavation truck
- Geotechnical investigation using a truck-mounted drill rig and ground penetration rig. The investigations will involve excavating boreholes to sample ground conditions along the tunnel alignment.
Construction vehicles will enter the work area via the access road in Victoria Park between Gregory Terrace and the rail corridor.
Please see map below for location of the work and access road.
What to expect
During these activities, the surrounding community may notice:
- An increase in construction workers and vehicles in the area
- Delivery of plant and equipment to work areas
- A potential increase in noise, dust and vibration.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project site.
Work is subject to relevant project approvals and suitable weather conditions.
These activities will occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: