Victoria Park – Site access changes
From late August, changes will be made to the existing Northern Tunnel Portal site access at Victoria Park to prepare for removal of the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) with oversized vehicles.
Work will involve:
- Delivering materials and equipment to the work area via Gregory Terrace
- Minor vegetation removal. Any disturbed areas will be reinstated upon project completion
- Removal of a section of kerb on Gregory Terrace
- Excavation and construction of the new site access road onto Gregory Terrace
- Placing and compacting asphalt to re-grade the existing site access road within Victoria Park.
There will be no changes to the adjacent signalised intersections as part of this work. Please see map below for location of the work and new site access.
Standard construction hours are 6:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. Due to traffic permit requirements, the majority of the work will be undertaken at night, between 6:30pm and 6:30am Monday to Saturday. Traffic control and signage will be in place to assist users navigate these changes.
What to expect
- Construction activity with potential increased noise, dust, vibration, truck movements and workers. These impacts will be reduced as much as possible.
- Construction impact mitigation activities such as dust suppression around the work areas.
- Temporary changed cyclist and pedestrian conditions. Please follow direction of traffic control and signage.
- Work is subject to relevant approvals and suitable weather conditions.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: