Works between Roma Street and Exhibition stations
During March 2020, the UNITY Alliance will continue work within the rail corridor between Roma Street and Exhibition stations for construction of the Cross River Rail project.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday during March 2020:
- Stripping of top soil and earthworks within the rail corridor between Brisbane Girls Grammar School and Bowen Bridge Road, this activity is expected to take approximately four weeks to complete, weather and construction conditions permitting
- Continuation of works within Victoria Park to widen the existing access road.
These activities will involve:
- Stripping of top soil using equipment such as an excavator and truck to grade and level the construction area
- Delivery trucks and workers’ vehicles entering and exiting the rail corridor via the existing Victoria Park access road off Gregory Terrace
- Transporting cut material using haulage trucks via the existing Victoria Park access road
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators, rollers and bobcats
- Use of water trucks onsite to minimise dust.
What to expect
During these activities, you may notice some minor disruptions such as:
- Increased levels of localised noise and dust from the use of machinery and equipment
- Increased construction vehicle movements on local roads such as Gregory Terrace, Bowen Bridge Road and O’Connell Terrace
- Delivery of plant, materials and equipment to the project corridor.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities. Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for nearby residents and businesses.
We appreciate your patience during the construction period and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: