Geotechnical investigations on pedestrian and cycle path Spring Hill
From Monday 6 April 2020 for approximately three days, a temporary pedestrian and cycle detour will be in place for geotechnical investigations as part of the Cross River Rail project.
Geotechnical investigations are required to be undertaken adjacent to the pedestrian and cycle path behind the grammar schools in Spring Hill. This will require the closure of the path and a detour using Gregory Terrace as an alternative route for pedestrians and cyclists during the works.
These works will be undertaken from 9:00am until 3:00pm daily and will take approximately three (3) days to complete, weather and construction conditions permitting.
These works are being undertaken in preparation for retaining wall works to start within the rail corridor in June 2020. The retaining wall works will require a longer closure and detour of the pedestrian and cycle path. More detailed information will be provided closer to the activity.
Details of work
These works will involve:
- Installation of safety fencing and barriers to contain work areas
- Saw cutting of concrete, minor excavation and reinstatement of disturbed areas
- Auger hole drilling using a track-mounted drill rig
- Delivery of equipment and materials throughout the work through existing Victoria Park access.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas
- Temporary pedestrian and cyclist diversions around the Gregory Terrace and Spring Hill grammar schools precinct between 9:00am and 3:00pm commencing Monday 6 April for approximately three days.
If wet weather delays this activity the works will be undertaken on the next available day shift.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in proximity to the project site.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: