Boggo Road station site establishment
From October 2019, the Cross River Rail Tunnel & Stations contractor established a work site at Dutton Park in preparation for the start of major tunnel and station construction for Cross River Rail.
The Boggo Road station work site is located off Boggo Road and Joe Baker Street, Dutton Park (see map Below).
Boggo Road site layout
Details of work
Activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday, weather and construction
conditions permitting. Some work may be required at night due to traffic restrictions and to maintain the safety of the
community and our workers. We will notify nearby residents of night works.
Site establishment works involve:
- Removal of parking along Boggo Road and Joe Baker Street.
- Closure of Outlook Park. A temporary park will be established along Boggo Road. Further information will be provided in the next month.
- Installation of fencing and barriers around the site for the safety of the community and workers.
- Establishment of construction-specific access points into the site along Joe Baker Street.
- Installation of signage on surrounding streets.
- Delivery and construction of site office buildings and worker facilities.
- Construction machinery such as trucks, excavators, and cranes.
- Temporary changed traffic conditions.
From October 2019, site establishment activities in preparation for major construction work are occurring at the Boggo Road station site.
These activities will include:
- Installation of fencing around the site perimeter.
- Construction of site driveways and access points.
- Removal and/or relocation of vegetation.
- Relocation of Outlook Park to a temporary location along Boggo Road.
- Some temporary lane closures including parking areas on Joe Baker Street with the assistance of traffic control officers.
- Delivery and installation of site office buildings and worker amenities.
What to expect
Due to the ongoing use of this compound, you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Increased construction vehicle movements on local roads and within the project corridor
- Increased levels of localised noise, dust and vibration from the use of machinery and equipment. These impacts will be reduced as much as possible by using the latest in environmental management and construction techniques
- Minor traffic delays. Traffic control officers will be in place where required to maintain the safety of road users, the
community and workers
- Operation of security lighting onsite.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project
site. We appreciate your patience during construction and use of this compound and will continue to update you as work
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: