Dutton Park Consultation summary
As part of the Cross River Rail project, Dutton Park station will be upgraded to improve access and functionality.
Between 14 October and 12 November 2021, the UNITY Alliance sought feedback on the concept design for an upgraded Dutton Park station, as part of the Cross River Rail project.
Overall, feedback from the community and stakeholders indicated significant support for the station upgrade and concept design. During the consultation period, more than 150 respondents provided feedback through an online survey, community drop-in sessions, emails, and phone calls to the project team.
All community and stakeholder feedback received from the Dutton Park station concept design consultation will be considered by the project team. The following key points were raised during the community consultation period:
- Positive feedback around the inclusion of adequate shelters on-platforms for commuters, wider station platforms, improved shade and visual amenity through better landscaping
- Positive feedback regarding the functionality of the upgraded station and accessibility considerations (e.g., those with mobility issues, strollers, bicycles)
- Positive feedback noting better access to the station (including under Annerley Road from Kent Street), and more locations to enter the station
- Some respondents requested that bike storage facilities be moved closer to the station. This will be considered in the detailed design phase
- Feedback was received by respondents about issues outside of the project scope, such as improving cycle and pedestrian paths beyond the project’s boundaries. This included feedback regarding widening Annerley Road and adding safer cycle and pedestrian road crossings on Annerley Road / Noble Street and Annerley Road / Cornwall Street slip lanes. Feedback regarding out-of-scope issues will be passed onto the relevant agencies for