Woolloongabba Cross River Rail Priority Development Area (PDA)
- The Woolloongabba Cross River Rail (CRR) Priority Development Area (PDA) was declared on 3 April 2020 and an Interim Land Use Plan (ILUP) given effect
- The ILUP provides a planning framework for development within the PDA until the development scheme is finalised over the next 18 months
- The former 10 hectare Woolloongabba PDA, declared on 23 April 2010, has been revoked and replaced with the 21 hectare Woolloongabba CRR PDA to assist with the delivery of the CRR Project. This boundary includes all land within the former Woolloongabba PDA as well as land east of Main Street, including the Brisbane Cricket Ground (the Gabba Stadium).
- The inclusion of the Gabba stadium allows for the planning and delivery of the proposed dedicated pedestrian connection from the new CRR station to the Gabba stadium and proposed forecourt.
- Cross River Rail is a 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and CBD.
- The Minister for Economic Development Queensland has delegated certain functions and powers under the Economic Development Act 2012 to the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority including plan preparation and development assessment.
Woolloongabba CRR PDA boundary map
Woolloongabba CRR PDA Interim Land Use Plan
The Economic Development Act 2012 provides for a streamlined planning and development framework for PDAs to facilitate economic development, and development for community purposes.
Once a PDA is declared under the Economic Development Act 2012, a development scheme for the PDA must be prepared.
The proposed development scheme will be publicly notified during the next 18 months. All interested parties, including the community, residents and business operators, will be invited to view the proposed development scheme and make a written submission.
Until the development scheme is finalised, development within the PDA will be regulated under the Woolloongabba CRR PDA Interim Land Use Plan.