Woolloongabba Cross River Rail Priority Development Area (PDA)
- The 21-hectare Woolloongabba Cross River Rail PDA was declared on 3 April 2020 and an Interim Land Use Plan (dated April 2020) came into effect.
- The Interim Land Use Plan (dated April 2020) pre-dates confirmation of Brisbane as the host of the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games (Brisbane 2032) and the Gabba being identified as a venue for the Olympic and Paralympic athletics events and opening and closing ceremonies.
- Following confirmation of Brisbane 2032, the Interim Land Use Plan (dated November 2021) was made, with a maximum effective period of 12 months, to acknowledge the need for additional planning to be undertaken in light of the State Government’s proposed redevelopment of the Gabba stadium.
- As planning for Brisbane 2032 continues, a new Interim Land Use Plan (dated November 2022) has been made to enable further planning to be undertaken.
- The new Interim Land Use Plan (dated November 2022) has effect from 25 November 2022. It provides a planning framework for development within the PDA for a period of up to 12 months or until the development scheme is finalised.
Woolloongabba Cross River Rail PDA boundary map
Woolloongabba Cross River Rail PDA Interim Land Use Plan
The new Interim Land Use Plan (dated November 2022) is consistent with the previous Interim Land Use Plan (dated November 2021); however it does include minor updates which are detailed in the Schedule of Amendments.
As at 2022, the planning, staging and delivery of infrastructure, including the Gabba redevelopment, is progressing. However, further work is required, in consultation with relevant State agencies and bodies responsible for coordinating the delivery of Brisbane 2032, to understand how the Gabba redevelopment relates to the broader PDA and development scheme preparation.
When a proposed development scheme is prepared, it will be publicly notified in accordance with the ED Act. At this time, all interested parties including the community, residents and business operators, will be invited to view the proposed development scheme and make a submission.
The previous Interim Plan Use Plans, including Interim Land Use Plan (dated April 2020) and Interim Land Use Plan (dated November 2021) can be accessed here.
Planning for the Woolloongabba Cross River Rail PDA is now the responsibility of Economic Development Queensland.
Want to know more?
Queries regarding the Woolloongabba Cross River Rail PDA should be directed to Economic Development Queensland via: