Upcoming night works - Normanby rail corridor and Victoria Park
Until December 2020, UNITY Alliance will be required to undertake night works for a number of activities including drainage and the relocation of public utilities in the Normanby rail corridor and Victoria Park as part of the Cross River Rail Project.
Details of work
- Mid-October 2020: Relocation of an existing sewer main within Victoria Park (day and night shift). These works will take approximately one month to complete, weather and construction conditions permitting. Please note there may be intermittent pedestrian and cyclist detours in place within Victoria Park during this activity.
- Ongoing until December 2020: Installation of drainage and relocation of underground power within the Normanby rail corridor (night shift). These works will continue into December 2020.
- Ongoing until November 2020: Intersection works at Victoria Park access road and Gregory Terrace (day and night shift). These works will take approximately two months to complete, weather and construction conditions permitting. Please note there may be intermittent pedestrian and cyclist detours in place on Gregory Terrace during this activity.
These works will involve
- Delivery trucks and workers’ vehicles entering the rail corridor via Gregory Terrace and the existing Victoria Park access
- Excavation of sections of ground and placement of drainage and sewer pipe using heavy machinery such as excavators
- Backfilling and compaction of material
- Lighting towers to light the work area at night.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Intermittent temporary full closures of the shared user path during sewer main relocation works
- Intermittent closures of the footpath and cycle path on Gregory Terrace during intersection works
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, flashing lights, reverse beepers, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment such as excavators, tip trucks, vacuum excavators, water carts and concrete trucks
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas.
Standard working hours for the project are 6:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. Night shift works will occur between 6:30pm to 6:30am, Monday to Saturday.
If you would like to speak with a member of the UNITY Alliance Project Team about these planned works anytime for more personalised consultation, please use the below contact details:
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in proximity to the project site.
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: