Hope Island station early works - September & October 2023
Cross River Rail is transforming the way we travel across all of South East Queensland. The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority is delivering three new rail stations on the Gold Coast Line at Pimpama, Hope Island and Merrimac. Acciona Georgiou Joint Venture (AGJV) has been awarded the contract to design and build Hope Island station and is commencing early works within the rail corridor.
Detail of works
From Monday 25 September 2023, early works are scheduled to commence within the rail corridor adjacent Mangrove Jack Park, Helensvale, in preparation for the new Hope Island station.
Works will include:
- Installing brackets and anchors on the piers under the existing rail line.
- Installing new overhead mast structures in the centre of the rail line.
- Due to the safety interface with the operational rail corridor, works will need to be carried out during both day shift and night shifts.
These works are planned to continue for approximately two months, weather, site conditions and rail corridor access permitting.
Works will be undertaken between 7.00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday, and 8.00am to 1.00pm on Saturday, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Some rail corridor works are planned to occur outside the project’s normal working hours when there is reduced rail traffic to ensure works can be completed safely and efficiently. Out of hours works are scheduled for:
- Tuesday 26 September to Friday 29 September 2023, 7:00pm until 5:00am
- Tuesday 17 October to Friday 20 October 2023, 7:00pm until 5:00am
Early work area
What to expect
- Construction activities may generate increased levels of noise, dust and vibration in the area associated with the works being undertaken, every effort will be taken to keep noise to a minimum.
- Mobile lighting towers will be used during night works; every effort will be made to position light sources away from properties and businesses.
- Increase in workforce and construction vehicle movements around the station site for transport of materials, equipment and machinery.
- The use of machinery including cranes, elevated work platforms along with hand-held tools.
For further details on the location of these works please see the map above. We appreciate your patience while we undertake these works.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: