Investigation works – Merrimac station
Fulton Hogan has been awarded the contract to design and build Merrimac Station.
Survey and site investigation works are continuing at Merrimac Station throughout November and December 2023.
Details of works
From Tuesday 14 November 2023, site investigations will increase in areas including the rail reserve (eastern railway reserve and western railway reserves), Gooding Drive and the western rail corridor (north of Gooding Drive overpass).
Activities will include:
- Pre-construction condition inspections of utilities, including CCTV of stormwater and sewer lines
- Utility identification and investigations, including test pit excavations
- Surveying of the rail corridor north of Gooding Drive bridge.
These investigations will continue until late 2023, weather and site conditions permitting, and will be used to further refine the station design as we work towards site mobilisation in early 2024.
Geotechnical investigations work area
Works will be undertaken between 7:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday, weather and construction permitting.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project site.
We appreciate your patience while we undertake these works.
What to expect
- Construction activities may generate an increase in noise in the eastern rail reserve, but every effort will be made to keep noise to a minimum
- Residents may notice an increase in construction workers and vehicles in the area, with teams gaining access to the rail corridor and surrounding areas via Entry Drive, Crelga Court, Willunga Place and Gooding Drive
- The use of machinery including heavy vehicles, excavators and hand-held tools
- Establishment of a temporary toilet facility in the eastern railway reserve
- For further details on the location of these works please see the map above.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: