Yeerongpilly station accessibility rebuild update
Cross River Rail isn’t just upgrading Yeerongpilly station; we’re building a new station. The new station is being built to make the station easier to access and improve connections to the surrounding area, creating a better transport experience for all customers.
Yeerongpilly station is now closed until late 2024 for major construction.
The construction works at Yeerongpilly station will include:
- Demolition of existing platforms and construction of new, raised platforms including an additional third platform
- Demolition of existing station buildings and construction of a new ticket office, staff facilities and accessible public toilets
- Construction of a new entry point on Wilkie Street including shade canopies, seating, drinking fountain and accessible entry points
- Construction of platform canopies and installation of new station furniture including seating and bins, lighting and CCTV
- Track, signalling and overhead electrical line works in the rail corridor
- Identification and relocation of in-ground services
- Construction of accessible parking and kiss ‘n’ ride facilities on Wilkie Street
- Construction of an enclosed bicycle storage shelter and outdoor bicycle racks
- Construction of footpaths around station entry points, commuter car park and landscaping on Wilkie Street.
Throughout the station closure bus stops 004881 and 013058 on Wilkie Street will be temporarily closed with a temporary bus stop available on Green Street. The station kiss ‘n’ ride and car park on Wilkie Street will also be closed throughout construction.
Access during station closure
The Yeerongpilly station pedestrian overpass will remain open during construction, though temporary closures of either stairs or lifts (not at the same time) may be required periodically. Advance notification will be provided prior to temporary stair or lift closures.
There are plenty of alternative travel options to support you during the station closure.
High frequency StationLink route 109 will be available from the Green Street bus stops.
The service operates Monday-Friday, running every 15 minutes during peak times from the first service until nearly 8pm, and every 30 minutes from 8pm to the last service. On weekends, StationLink runs every 30 minutes from the first to last service.
If you prefer to continue travelling by train, Yeronga and Moorooka stations are open to customers.
If you need an accessible station, Yeronga station is approximately 800 meters north of Yeerongpilly station and is the closest accessible station with lift access.
There may be other local services that are better for you, so remember to plan ahead before you travel by using the links below:
You can top up or buy a go card online at the links above. Alternatively, the nearest retailer to Yeerongpilly station to purchase a go card is at Yeronga or Moorooka stations, or Freechoice Moorooka and Lotto News on Beaudesert Road.
The easiest way to ensure you always have enough money to travel is to activate auto top-up, by linking your registered go card to your credit/debit card. Alternatively, you can visit Yeronga or Moorooka stations.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: