UPDATED: Construction update Yeronga station
Between Saturday 23 and Monday 25 July 2022, UNITY Alliance will be undertaking works during day and night shifts at Yeronga station during a planned track closure. Works will require intermittent temporary closures on Lake Street between Killarney Street and Christensen Street.
Works at Yeronga station are progressing, and the station is currently on schedule for completion late 2022, weather and construction conditions permitting.
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, as outlined below.
Along Fairfield Road and Cowper Street, and intermittently between 8:00pm and 5:00am intermittently during July 2022, the following works will occur:
- Structural steel and pre-cast concrete panel installation for lift and stair structures on the western side of Fairfield Road near Cowper Street.
At Yeronga station and between 2:00am Saturday 23 and 3:00am Monday 25 July 2022, the following works will occur:
- Delivery of construction materials into the rail corridor for buildings including equipment
- Hydro excavation for services at the northern end of platform 1 using a vacuum truck, accessing the rail corridor via Dublin Street
- Installation of overpass roofing, glazing and weatherproofing
- Installation of platform tactiles, and tiles at assisted boarding points
- Pedestrian overpass stair installation works
- Under track crossing installation for services.
Work locations and temporary traffic changes, Yeronga station
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Temporary closure of Cowper Street at Fairfield Road until late 2022 (refer to map above). Access to businesses River City Cycles, Brisbane Stickers and Aloe Vera Australia will be maintained via Shottery Street. Please observe wayfinding signage and traffic control to safely navigate the diversion.
- Intermittent single lane closures on Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street. Please observe signage and traffic control to safely navigate through the area.
- Intermittent temporary closures on Lake Street between Killarney Street and Christensen Street.
- Intermittent construction vehicle access into the rail corridor via Dublin Street
- Light vehicles, trucks, excavators with hydraulic hammers, front end loaders, mobile cranes, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks, concrete pump trucks, concrete scabbling/grinding, bored piling rigs, high-pressure water cleaners, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: