Yeronga station construction update - November 2023 to January 2024
Between November 2023 and January 2024, minor finishing works at Yeronga station will continue.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday between November 2023 and January 2024, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continue finishing and rectification works including fencing, minor sealing and grouting of platforms and block walls, painting, and testing services (e.g., electrical)
- Continue station cleaning including the use of high-pressure water hose and sealing (coating) station platforms Continue reinstatement of disturbed areas.
Station lift works – Lake Street
Works are required to undertake maintenance and pit inspection works on the Lake Street / platform 1 lift shaft.
This will require intermittent lift isolations (no lift service) on various days throughout October and early November during off-peak times (9:00am to 3:00pm).
Signage will be placed on lift entry points to advise of service interruption prior to works. Pedestrians will be directed to overpass stairs during this work.
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Along Fairfield Road, and Cowper Street, and between 8:00pm and 5:00am intermittently between November 2023 and January 2024, the following works will occur:
- Rectification works e.g. patching and sealing, and cleaning works
At Yeronga Station and in the rail corridor, and between 12:00am Saturday 11 and 3:00am Monday 13 November 2023, 12:00am Saturday 25 and 3:00am Monday 27 November 2023, 12:00am Saturday 09 and 3:00am Monday 11 December 2023, and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 23 December 2023 and 2:00am Friday 19 January 2024, the following works will occur:
- Station building and platform rectification works
- Cable service installation and relocation, and installation of conduits, pits and troughing
- Overhead electrical line modification works
- Lift shaft pit maintenance and inspections works on the Lake Street / platform 1 lift. Pedestrians will be directed to overpass stairs during this work.
Work locations and intermittent traffic changes
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Intermittent service disruption to the Lake Street / platform 1 lift during scheduled lift maintenance and inspection works
- Intermittent single lane closures on Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street
- Intermittent temporary closures on Lake Street between Killarney Street and Christensen Street
- Light vehicles, trucks, excavators, front end loaders, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks, high-pressure water cleaners, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Increased levels of noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: