Yeronga station construction update - September and October 2023
During September and October, minor finishing works at Yeronga station will continue.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday during
September and October 2023, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continue finishing works including fencing, minor sealing and grouting of platforms and block walls, painting, and testing services (e.g., electrical)
- Continue station cleaning including the use of high-pressure water hose and sealing (coating) station platforms
- Continue reinstatement of disturbed areas.
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Along Fairfield Road, and Cowper Street, 8:00pm and 5:00am intermittently during September October 2023, the following works will occur:
- Excavation, concreting, concrete patching and sealing works
- Fairfield Road outbound emergency egress gate installation.
At Yeronga Station between 2:00am Sunday 3 and 2:00am Monday 18 September 2023, the following works will occur:
- Station building and platform rectification works (e.g., sealing works)
- Reinstating disturbed areas in the rail corridor including the use of excavators.
Work locations and intermittent traffic changes
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Intermittent single lane closures on Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street
- Intermittent temporary closures on Lake Street between Killarney Street and Christensen Street
- Light vehicles, trucks, excavators with hydraulic hammers, front end loaders, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks, concrete pump trucks, high-pressure water cleaners, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Increased levels of noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: