Details of work
The activities outlined below are scheduled to occur between Saturday 20 June and Monday 22 June 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting.
These activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours
At Yeronga station between 12:00am Saturday 20 June and 12:00am Monday 22 June 2020, the following works will occur;
- Installation of new overhead wiring masts andremoval of redundant masts at Yeronga station
- Temporary southbound single lane closure onFairfield Road, Yeronga during day shift
- Temporary southbound lanes closure onFairfield Road, Yeronga during night shift(southbound traffic diverted onto northboundlane)
- Temporary traffic control on Lake Street nearKillarney Street, Yeronga
Signage will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists around works areas. Please observe the directions of traffic control while passing through the area.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators, mobile cranes, small power tools, drills, saws, minorvibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night
- Temporary traffic changes and reduced speeds
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in proximity to the project site, including:
- Maintaining access to residents’ properties
- Keeping higher noise-generating activities to the earlier stages of night shifts wherever possible
- Ensuring plant / equipment used has been maintained (including noise control devices)
- Minimising light spill by directing light-generating plant and equipment away from residences
- Conducting toolbox talks with work crews to remind them of out of hours work protocols (no unnecessary noise).
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: