UPDATE: Construction update Fairfield station
Between Saturday 23 and Monday 25 July 2022, UNITY Alliance will be undertaking works during day
and night shifts at Fairfield station during a planned track closure. Works will require a temporary full
closure of Mildmay Street / Ashby Street between Lanyard Street and Southall Street, and Equity Street between Cronin Street and Dudley Street.
Please note, this notice is in addition to the July construction update for Fairfield . You can view the notice here.
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours but are timed to take place within a planned track closure, as outlined below.
At Fairfield station and between 2:00am Saturday 23 and 3:00am Monday 25 July 2022, the following works will occur:
- Delivering construction materials into the rail corridor using trucks, loaders, and excavators
- Installation of platform pre-cast concrete walls using cranes, and earthworks to backfill
- Installation of platform canopy structural steel
- Track and station platform inspections.
Construction area, pedestrian access and temporary traffic changes
What to expect
During these works you will notice intermittent disruptions such as:
- Temporary full closure of Mildmay Street / Ashby Street between Lanyard Street and Southall Street, and Equity Street between Cronin Street and Dudley Street 2:00am Saturday 23 to 3:00am Monday 25 July 2022 (as per map above). Access will be maintained to properties located within the road closure extents under traffic control guidance. Other motorists will need to seek an alternative route. Some delays may be experienced
- Trucks, frontend loaders, excavators with rock breakers, vacuum trucks, trucks, mobile cranes, concrete saws, small power tools, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Increased noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form:
To help customers reach their destination during the Fairfield station closure, there will be alternative
transport options. Plan your journey by using the links below:
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.