Fairfield Road Closure
Between 8:00pm Saturday 13 and 5:00am Monday 15 November 2021, UNITY Alliance will install sections of the new pedestrian overpass at Yeronga station.
Due to the nature and location of works, this work will require a temporary closure of Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead and where possible find an alternative route to avoid the area and travelling via Fairfield or Ipswich Road.
Details of work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, as outlined below.
Along Fairfield Road in Yeronga, and between 8:00pm Saturday 13 and 5:00am Monday 15 November 2021, the following works will occur:
- Installation of station platform structural steel, precast concrete panels, and sections of the new pedestrian overpass over the rail corridor using cranes.
- Temporary full closure of Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga (please refer to map below).
Please note work within the rail corridor will be undertaken between 2:00am Saturday 13 and 5:00am Monday 15 November. Details of these works can be found in the November construction update.
Fairfield Road – Full closure 8:00pm Saturday 13 to 5:00am Monday 15 November 2021
What to expect
During these works you will notice some disruptions such as:
- Traffic changes (refer to map above):
- A full closure of Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street
- All bus services will be diverted using Kadumba Street, Feez Street, and Yeronga Street
- Bus stops on Fairfield Road at Yeronga station will be temporarily closed; customers must use the Fairfield Road stops near Ovendean Street
- Traffic movements at the intersections of Fairfield Road and Kadumba Street and Fairfield Road and Yeronga Street will be under the direction of Queensland Police Service and traffic control
- No parking on Shottery Street
- Intermittent full closures of Lake Street between Killarney Street and Christensen Street
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists around works areas. Please observe the directions of traffic control while passing through the area.
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators with hydraulic hammers, frontend loaders, mobile cranes, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night.
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel.
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form:
Cross River Rail will transform how we travel to, from and through Brisbane in the future. And while that means the whole of South East Queensland can start looking forward to the benefits of Cross River Rail, right now it means changes to the way you travel. Use the links below to plan your journey: