A newly upgraded Exhibition Station will provide rail services all year round for one of Brisbane's fastest growing suburbs.View Station
From Monday 9 September, the UNITY Alliance will establish a permanent site compound off Gilchrist Avenue, Herston, in preparation for the start of construction of Cross River Rail.
The new site compound will be located adjacent to the Inner City Bypass and Victoria Park playing fields for the duration of the project (see map below).
Details of work
Activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. The compound may also be used
intermittently during planned night works.
As part of the site establishment, works will involve:
- Placing temporary fencing, and erosion and sediment controls
- Minor earthworks to construct level areas for the buildings and parking
- Placing a laydown facility adjacent to the Victoria Park playing fields on land previously used for the Inner City
Bypass Upgrade project
- Concreting paths
- Placing site sheds and connecting utilities.
What to expect
Due to the ongoing use of this compound, you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Increased truck and vehicle movements on Gilchrist Avenue from Monday to Saturday 6:30am to 6:30pm
- Access to and use of storage and laydown areas for construction materials
- Operation of security lighting onsite
- Security patrols.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project
site. This includes toolbox talks with work crews to remind them of out-of-hours work protocols – for example, no shouting
and beeping car horns.
We appreciate your patience during construction and use of this compound and will continue to update you as work
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: