The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority has been delegated, by the Minister for Economic Development Queensland (MEDQ), powers and functions to prepare a development scheme for the Roma Street CRR PDA.
A development scheme is a regulatory planning document which assists with planning, carrying out, promoting, coordinating and controlling development within PDAs.
Prior to finalising a development scheme for the Roma Street CRR PDA, a proposed development scheme has been prepared and, in accordance with the Economic Development Act 2012, is available for public comment.
To support the proposed development scheme, the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority has also prepared a draft development charges and offset plan, which identifies infrastructure required to service the PDA, development charges and how these charges are calculated, levied and administered. The draft development charges and offset plan is also available for public comment. The information contained within the infrastructure plan background report was used to inform the infrastructure plan (section 3 of the proposed development scheme) and the draft development charges and offset plan and is included below as supporting information for reference purposes only.
For more information about the proposed development scheme and the draft development charges and offset plan, please refer to the frequently asked questions here.
The proposed development scheme and draft development charges and offset plan have been prepared in consultation with Brisbane City Council, Economic Development Queensland, relevant state agencies and specialist planning consultants. The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority now invites you to have your say by making a submission.
The submission period
The proposed development scheme and draft development charges and offset plan are available for public comment for a minimum of 30 business days, from 18 February 2021 to 1 April 2021 (the submission period), and anyone may make a submission on the documents within the submission period.
How to make a submission?
Anyone can make a submission about the proposed development scheme and draft development charges and offset plan. A submission must:
- be in writing
- include the submitter’s name and contact details
- be received during the submission period, from 18 February 2021 to 1 April 2021, and
- include a description of any aspects of the proposed development scheme and/or draft development charges and offset plan that you support and/or object to.
To assist with the preparation of submissions, the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority has prepared a standardised submission form, which can be downloaded and sent via email or post or you can make your submission online.
Submissions can be made to the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority by:
Email: [email protected]
Post: Cross River Rail Delivery Authority, PO Box 15476, Brisbane City East, Qld 4002
Please note that a copy of your submission will also be provided to the MEDQ.
What happens after the submission period?
After the submission period has ended, the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority together with the MEDQ:
- will consider all submissions received within the submission period
- will prepare a submissions report, and
- may make amendments to finalise the documents.
If approved by the MEDQ:
- submitters will be notified in writing
- a notice will be placed in the Courier Mail
- a submissions report will be made available on the Cross River Rail website
- the development scheme and development charges and offset plan will take effect and made available on the Cross River Rail website.
Want to know more?
You can find more information by using the links below:
You can speak with our team at one of the following sessions:
- Wednesday 10 March – 4:00pm – 6:00pm*, Chez Nous Café, 160 Roma Street, Brisbane
- Saturday 13 March – 10:30am – 12:30pm*, Flaava Café, 3 Parkland Boulevard, Brisbane
- Wednesday 17 March – 11:30am – 1:30pm*, Experience Centre, Level 1, 151A Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Please note these may be subject to change due to Covid-19.