Roma Street Cross River Rail Priority Development Area (PDA)
- The Roma Street Cross River Rail (CRR) Priority Development Area (PDA) was declared on 13 December 2019 and an Interim Land Use Plan (ILUP) given effect.
- This PDA was declared at the request of the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority to assist with the delivery of the Cross River Rail Project, and to provide unique opportunities for urban development, economic stimulation and job creation, including planning for integrated recreation and entertainment facilities. It will provide critical public transport connectivity between the precinct and the city centre and to the nearby neighbourhoods of Petrie Terrace and Spring Hill.
- Cross River Rail is a 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and CBD.
- The ILUP provides a planning framework for development within the PDA until the development scheme is finalised.
- This ILUP has been prepared to closely reflect relevant development requirements from the Brisbane City Plan 2014.
- The proposed development scheme and supporting draft development charges and offset plan were available for public comment between 18 February to 1 April 2021.
- The Minister for Economic Development Queensland has delegated certain functions and powers under the Economic Development Act 2012 to the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority including plan preparation and development assessment.
Development Scheme and Development Charges and Offset Plan (DCOP)
A development scheme is a regulatory document which assists with planning, carrying out, promoting, coordinating and controlling development within PDAs.
To support the development scheme, a DCOP has been prepared which identifies trunk infrastructure required to service the PDA, development charges and how these charges are calculated, levied and administered.
The Roma Street CRR PDA DCOP came into effect on 30 July 2021.
The proposed development scheme and draft DCOP was publicly notified from Thursday 18 February to Thursday 1 April 2021.
Submissions were considered and a submissions report was prepared to summarise the submissions, provide information about the merits of submissions and the extent to which amendments have been made to reflect submissions, and detail changes made in finalising the development scheme and DCOP.
Prior to the approval of the development scheme, development within the PDA was regulated under the Interim Land Use Plan.
An Infrastructure Plan Background Report has been prepared which contains supporting information relevant to preparing the infrastructure plan in the development scheme (section 3) and the DCOP for PDA and guidance to future applicants pursuing development outcomes in the PDA.
- Download the Roma Street CRR PDA Infrastructure Plan Background Report Part 1
- Download the Roma Street CRR PDA Infrastructure Plan Background Report Part 2
- Download the Roma Street CRR PDA Infrastructure Plan Background Report Part 3
- Download the Roma Street CRR PDA Infrastructure Plan Background Report Part 4
The proposed development scheme and draft DCOP can be accessed here.