Boggo Road Cross River Rail Priority Development Area (PDA)
- The Boggo Road Cross River Rail (CRR) Priority Development Area (PDA) was declared on 2 October 2020 and an Interim Land Use Plan (ILUP) given effect.
- This PDA was declared at the request of the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority to assist with the delivery of the Cross River Rail Project, including future redevelopment within the health and knowledge precinct either side of the new central pedestrian bridge.
- The new central pedestrian bridge will help to better connect each side of the health and knowledge precinct, provide broader community access improvements including linking the existing cycleway to University of Queensland St Lucia campus and the V1 Veloway, and provide better access to the new Boggo Road station.
- Cross River Rail is a 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and CBD.
- The ILUP provides a planning framework for development within the PDA until the development scheme is finalised over the next 24 months.
- This ILUP has been prepared to closely reflect relevant development requirements from the Brisbane City Plan 2014, whilst also focussing on future research and technology outcomes, the new CRR station and connecting infrastructure.
- It is anticipated that the proposed development scheme will be advertised for public comment in early 2022.
- The Minister for Economic Development Queensland has delegated certain functions and powers under the Economic Development Act 2012 to the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority including plan preparation and development assessment.
Boggo Road CRR PDA Interim Land Use Plan
The Economic Development Act 2012 provides for a streamlined planning and development framework for PDAs to facilitate economic development, and development for community purposes.
Development within the CRR PDA is regulated under the Boggo Road CRR PDA ILUP until the development scheme is finalised.
The proposed development scheme is anticipated to be subject to public notification in 2022. At this time, all interested parties, including the community, residents and business operators, will be invited to view the proposed development scheme and make a written submission to the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority. A report about submissions, and any required changes to the development scheme are then submitted to the Minister for Economic Development Queensland for consideration.
Boggo Road CRR PDA regulatory map