Albert Street Cross River Rail Priority Development Area (PDA)
- The Albert Street Cross River Rail (CRR) Priority Development Area (PDA) was declared on 14 December 2018 and an Interim Land Use Plan (ILUP) given effect.
- This PDA was declared at the request of the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority to assist with the delivery of the Cross River Rail Project.
- The Albert Street CRR PDA ILUP provides a planning framework for development above and adjacent to the new Albert Street underground rail station at the intersection of Albert and Mary Streets in the CBD.
- This ILUP has been prepared to closely reflect relevant development requirements from the Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Centre Neighbourhood Plan) while also addressing the interface with a new Albert Street Cross River Rail Station which was not contemplated at this location under the Brisbane City Plan 2014.
- This ILUP is in place for up to 12 months while a development scheme is prepared.
- The Minister of Economic Development Queensland has delegated to the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority responsibilities for plan preparation, public notification, to receive submissions and to prepare a report about submissions for the Albert Street CRR PDA proposed development scheme.
- If approved by the Minister of Economic Development Queensland, the development scheme sets out the land uses, development criteria and infrastructure envisaged for the PDA.