New education program ready for launch
16 Dec 2020
Cross River Rail has launched a new education program for budding engineers and architects of all ages to learn about Queensland’s largest infrastructure project.
The program includes Science of Tunnelling, where students can discover how Brisbane’s new underground will be built under the city. Students can also explore the Science of Tunnelling exhibition in the Cross River Rail Experience Centre.
The program and exhibition, which has been designed with the help of Cross River Rail’s senior engineers, is free and available to school groups as well as families who may wish to visit the Experience Centre during school holidays or on weekends.
Schools and parents are encouraged to get involved online or make a trip into the Cross River Rail Experience Centre at 151 Elizabeth Street in the city.
- A 3D trip to the future in the Reality Theatre
- A digital journey though the past, present and future at the Discovery Table with touchscreens
- A self-guided tour through Cross River Rail future stations at the Virtual Reality Station
- Creative and design activities at The Maker Space
- Become a travel investigator through the Future Travellers program*.
The Experience Centre is located at Level 1, 151A Elizabeth Street, Brisbane and is open:
- 10.00 am – 4.00 pm Wednesday to Monday (excluding Public Holidays; closed Tuesdays)
- 10.00 am – 2.00 pm Saturday and Sunday
The Experience Centre will close over Christmas from 12.00pm, Thursday 24 December 2020, reopening 10.00am, 2 January 2021.
*Available Saturday and Sunday only.