Christmas 2020 works: northern corridor
Between Thursday 24 and Tuesday 29 December, construction activities will be undertaken within the rail corridor between Roma Street, Fortitude Valley and Bowen Hills.
Details of work
The work described in the table below is scheduled to occur in December, weather and construction conditions permitting, and will occur outside of the project’s normal working hours. Please see maps below for work areas and access points into the rail corridor during these works.
From Roma Street to Bowen Hills stations along the Normanby rail corridor, and intermittently between 10:00am Thursday 24 and 12:00am Tuesday 29 December 2020, the Unity Alliance will undertake the following works:
- Signalling and commission works
- Track and maintenance works.
If you would like to speak with a member of the UNITY Alliance Project Team about these planned works please contact 1800 010 875 or email [email protected] anytime for more personalised consultation.
From Fortitude Valley to Eagle Junction stations and between 2:00am Friday 25 and 2:00am Sunday 27 December, Hitachi Rail will undertake the following works:
- Signalling works including testing
If you would like to speak with a member of the Hitachi Rail Project Team about these planned works please contact 1800 010 875 or email [email protected] anytime for more personalised consultation.
What to expect
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment such as excavators, tip trucks, vacuum excavators, water carts and concrete trucks
- Delivery trucks and workers’ vehicles entering the rail corridor via Gregory Terrace and the existing Victoria Park access road
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, flashing lights, reverse beepers, traffic management signs, lighting towers to light the work area at night
- Construction signage and placement of temporary fencing around construction areas.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: