Temporary materials storage area
As part of the Cross River Rail project, Hitachi Rail is continuing works on the Shorncliffe Line to install a new railway signalling system.
Details of work
To support construction works on the Shorncliffe Line, a temporary materials storage area will be established inside the rail corridor beside Nudgee station with access via the car park on Railway Street.
The area will be operational from May 2021 until late 2021 and will involve:
- Installation of shipping containers
- Temporary fencing (rail corridor side)
- Storage of materials such as sand, road base and ballast (rock)
- Equipment working to load and unload materials
- Truck movements periodically during the day and intermittently during planned night works and track possessions.
Soil sampling will also be undertaken on the site between the hours of 7am and 6.30pm on Tuesday, 4 May.
What to expect
As part of this work, you may notice:
- Some increased levels of noise and dust, which will be managed by environmental controls
- Residents may hear additional vehicle movements, loading of materials and the use of a loader Where possible, deliveries and the collection of materials will be undertaken during the day, although periodically, this may occur at night
- All workers will be briefed on key community and environmental considerations, including noise mitigation measures
- During soil sampling work, a drill rig will be on site, along with associated personnel and vehicles.
Every effort will be made to minimise any disruption to residents in close proximity to the storage area and we appreciate your patience.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: