Weekend work within rail corridor - Roma Street
The Cross River Rail Tunnel & Stations team will be working within the rail corridor near Roma Street station between 2:00am Saturday 1 August and 11:55pm Sunday 2 August 2020.
Details of work
Work to be carried out within the rail corridor during the weekend period will include:
- Carrying out track maintenance involving rail grinding near platforms 2 and 3
- Installing overhead lines at platforms 2 and 3
- Modifying and testing signals
- Installing survey monitoring equipment at various platforms
- Surveying adjacent structures and roads
- Geotechnical investigation using a drill rig
- Removing materials and waste from the work area.
- Increased levels of localised noise and lighting
- The use of construction machinery such as rail grinding machines, mobile cranes, mobile drill rigs, survey equipment, elevated work platforms, hand tools, lighting towers and trucks
- Increased construction vehicle movements on local roads and within the rail corridor. The project team will access the corridor via existing entry and exit points at Countess Street.
- Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare.
- Ensuring plant and equipment has been maintained appropriately
- Minimising light spill by directing light-generating plant and equipment away from residential areas
- Conducting toolbox talks with workers to reinforce out-of-hours work protocols.
What to expect
As a result of this work, you can expect:
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for nearby residents and businesses, this includes:
Work will occur continuously between 2:00am Saturday 1 August and 11:55pm Sunday 2 August 2020 and has been scheduled to fit within a Queensland Rail planned track closure.
Work is subject to relevant approvals and suitable weather conditions.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: