Works will take place on Roma Street between midnight Friday 6 December until 5:00am Monday 9 December 2019.
During this period, Roma Street eastbound between Countess and Herschel Streets will be closed and traffic detoured.
Westbound traffic on Roma Street will also be stopped intermittently for extended periods.
Please plan your journey and allow additional time if travelling through the area.
Refer below for details on the required temporary traffic, pedestrian and public transport changes and what to expect during these works.
Traffic and pedestrian changes
The following temporary traffic and pedestrian changes will be in place at Roma Street and the surrounding area during this work:
- Closure of Roma Street eastbound between Countess and Herschel streets for general traffic. A signed detour will be in place
- Closure of the right turn from Skew Street onto Upper Roma Street
- Closure of the left turn from Countess Street onto Roma Street eastbound
- Roma Street westbound will operate under traffic control. Westbound traffic will be intermittently stopped for extended periods and may be diverted during the works
- Lane closures on George and Herschel Streets near the work site
- Closure of the Roma Street footbridge. Access to the Roma Street station will be maintained via the footpath on Roma Street
- Closure of the northern footpath on Roma Street (alongside the worksite) between Makerston Street and Parkland Boulevard. Pedestrians will be detoured to the footpath on the other side of Roma Street
- The carpark at the Brisbane Transit Centre will remain open. Access in and out will be from Roma Street westbound lanes only
Public transport changes
The following changes to public transport services will be in place during the works:
- Closure of bus stops 124 and 125 on Roma Street. Bus services will temporarily stop at alternate locations. Plan your journey at translink.com.au or via the MyTranslink app
- Access to Roma Street station (rail and buses) will be maintained.
Traffic control and signage will be implemented to assist motorists, pedestrians and public transport users through these temporary changes.
If you want to know more about the works scheduled this weekend, all of this information is available in PDF form: