RESCHEDULED - Roma Street station construction site: Installation of tower crane #3
Weekend work and traffic changes are required to deliver and assemble a third tower crane at the Roma Street construction site. Installation of the third tower crane at Roma Street has been rescheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 March 2022.
Temporary partial lane closures will be in place on Roma Street eastbound (inbound), between Countess and Herschel streets, for
the delivery and assembly of a tower crane. Access will be maintained through this area under the direction of traffic control.
Pedestrian access to bus stops on Roma Street and the Roma Street rail and busway station will be maintained. Short pedestrian
stoppages and detours on the northern footpath may be required during these works to allow oversized vehicles access into the
Work will involve:
- Delivering oversized tower crane components on trucks
- Lifting tower crane components into place using large mobile cranes
- Assembly of the tower crane within the site.
If installation needs to be rescheduled, it will occur on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 March 2022.
What to expect
- Construction activity with potential increased noise, dust, vibration, truck movements and workers. These impacts will be reduced as much as possible.
- Construction impact mitigation activities such as street sweepers and water suppression around the work areas.
- Temporary traffic and pedestrian changes will be in place on Roma Street. Please plan your journey and allow additional time if travelling through the area.
- Work is subject to relevant approvals and suitable weather conditions.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: