Changes to Roma Street station platform 2
From early February 2022 to mid-2022, the escalator access to Roma Street station platform 2 will temporarily close. A section of the platform will also close to establish a safe work area on the platform.
These changes are required to install the new roof canopy at platform 2. The platform will remain operational throughout the work.
Platform 2 changes
From early February 2022 to mid-2022, the following changes will be implemented on platform 2:
- Additional temporary fencing installed on platform 2 to establish a safe work area.
- The platform 2 escalator will be closed. Access to the platform will be maintained via the stairs and lift located
adjacent to the ticket gates (see image below).
Signage will be installed within the station to assist customers where required.
Public transport services
Platform 2 will remain operational during the work, and there will be no impact to busway services.
Plan your journey using the links below:
These changes are required to enable installation of a new permanent roof canopy for platform 2.
Platform 2 construction
The following activities will be required to reinstate Platform 2, including the new canopy:
- Delivering materials and equipment to the Roma Street construction site and on the busway
- Installing scaffold and temporary fencing around the work area
- Repairing and reinstating sections of the platform flooring and existing platform columns
- Installing prefabricated canopy components using the Roma Street station site tower crane and other
cranes from the busway
- Installing electrical and communications services
- Installing wayfinding signage and platform furniture.
Rail and busway operations will continue throughout the work.
What to expect
- Construction activity with potential for increased noise, dust, and vibration. These impacts will be reduced as much as possible.
- Changes to customer access route and waiting areas on platform 2.
- Signage will be in place to assist public transport customers.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: