Temporary pedestrian bridge closures
Cross River Rail’s twin tunnels are being constructed beneath the pedestrian bridge that spans the rail corridor and the Inner City Bypass.
Between 6:30pm and 6:30am on Friday 14 January 2022, the bridge will be closed and a temporary pedestrian detour in place to remove a bracing system required during tunnelling beneath the bridge.
Timing of temporary pedestrian bridge closure
A pedestrian detour will be in place at the following times when the bridge is temporarily closed for tunnelling related activities.
- Friday 14 January 2022 6:30pm to 6:30am removal of bracing system.
Signage will be installed at the bridge to notify of specific closure periods.
While the temporary bridge closures are in place, pedestrians can use the Victoria Park land bridge to cross the rail corridor and Inner City Bypass.
The Victoria Park land bridge is located approximately 500m east of the pedestrian bridge and accessible via existing footpaths.
Signage will be in place to assist pedestrians to navigate the detour.
What to expect
- Construction activity with potential for increased noise, dust, vibration and workers. These impacts will be reduced as much as possible.
- Construction impact mitigation activities such as street sweepers and water trucks for dust suppression around the work areas.
- Temporary and pedestrian changes. Please plan your journey and allow additional time if travelling through the area.
- Detour signage will be in place at the pedestrian bridge to assist pedestrians.
- Work is subject to relevant approvals and suitable weather conditions.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: