Pimpama station early works – August & September 2022
Construction of the new Pimpama station access road and associated drainage continues. Temporary diversions of water and sewer utilities are in place and excavation of the new drainage culverts will continue over the coming months along the Old Pacific Highway between Bedford Road and Mebbin Street.
Details of works
Drainage excavation and utility relocation works will continue over the coming months along the Old Pacific Highway between Bedford Road and Mebbin Street. Works will include:
- Drainage excavation on the Old Pacific Highway
- Installing steel reinforcement and pouring concrete
- Temporary diversion and relocation of existing utility infrastructure
- Removal and replacement of street lighting
- Pavement works and kerb restoration
- Vegetation clearing along the verge of the Old Pacific Highway
- Temporary closure of access into Bedford Road from the Old Pacific Highway
- Temporary changes to pedestrian movements around the work site.
Drainage excavation and utility relocation works within the site on the corner of the Old Pacific Highway and Mebbin Street will continue to enable realignment of utility infrastructure.
What to expect
During these works, traffic controls will be in place along the Old Pacific Highway and Bedford Road, including reduced speed limits and minor traffic holds to assist with safe entry and exit of heavy vehicles. For information regarding these changes, please see the map on the next page.
The utility works are planned to minimise impacts to the local community. Any planned interruptions will be communicated via the relevant utility providers.
Driveway access for residents along Old Pacific Highway will be maintained during these works.
Works will be undertaken between 6.30am until 6.30pm Monday to Saturday. Truck movements will be reduced during peak hour periods to minimise impacts to motorists.
Traffic and pedestrian changes
Traffic and pedestrian changes will remain in place for the duration of the Pimpama Station early works while the new signalised intersection at Bedford Road and Old Pacific Highway, access road into the site, associated drainage works and connecting pedestrian and cycle pathways are constructed. The community will be notified in advance of any future traffic changes.
For information regarding the current vehicle and pedestrian changes, please see the map below and follow the traffic control signage in place.
Construction of the new signalised intersection, drainage works and connecting pedestrian and cycle pathways will be undertaken in a staged approach to maintain traffic flow along the Old Pacific Highway. Works include:
- Drainage and utility relocation – excavation and installation of culverts under the Old Pacific Highway and relocation of utilities: Underway.
- New access road – earthworks, road surfacing, line marking, median island and kerb construction.
- Intersection – road resurfacing, electrical works including signal installation, landscaping, asphalt works, line marking, pedestrian pathways, island and kerb construction.
The Cross River Rail Delivery Authority is currently out to market for the main station construction contract, with procurement activities continuing throughout 2022.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: