Yeronga pedestrian overpass delivery and installation
Between 8:00pm Saturday 9 and 5:00am Monday 11 July 2022, UNITY Alliance will install the final section of the new pedestrian overpass at Yeronga station.
Due to the nature and location of works, a temporary full closure of Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street will be required.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead and where possible find an alternative route to avoid delays.
Details of work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting *(if delayed works will be carried out on the next available weekend) as outlined below.
At Fairfield Road, Yeronga, and between 8:00pm Saturday 9 and 5:00am Monday 11 July 2022 *(16-18 and 23-25 July 2022 contingency), the following works will occur:
- Crane establishment and structural steel deliveries
- Installation of the final section of the new pedestrian overpass over Fairfield Road, structural steel for the lift shaft and stairs using cranes
- Temporary traffic changes as outlined below.
Fairfield Road – Full closure 8:00pm Saturday 9 to 5:00am Monday 11 July 2022
What to expect
- Traffic changes (refer to map above):
- Temporary full closure of Fairfield Road between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street
- All bus services will be diverted via Kadumba Street, Feez Street and Yeronga Street
- Traffic movements at the intersections of Fairfield Road and Kadumba Street, and Fairfield Road and Yeronga Street, will be under the direction of Queensland Police Service and traffic control
- No on street parking along Shottery Street
- Intermittent full closures of Lake Street between Killarney Street and Christensen Street
- Bus stops on Fairfield Road at Yeronga station will be temporarily closed; customers must use the stops on Fairfield Road near Ovendean Street
- Signage will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists around the work areas. Please observe the directions of traffic control while passing through the area.
- Light vehicles, trucks, excavators with hydraulic hammers, frontend loaders, mobile cranes, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: