Weekend works at Yeronga station
During the weekend of 29 to 31 May 2021, UNITY Alliance will install a temporary scaffold pedestrian overpass over the rail corridor between Lake Street and the eastern side of Fairfield Road.
Out of hours work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours but are timed to take place within a planned weekend track closure, as outlined below.
At Yeronga station and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 29 and 2:00am Monday 31 May 2021, the following works will occur:
- Installation of a temporary scaffold pedestrian overpass over the rail corridor, which will remain in place until the new permanent overpass is constructed over Fairfield Road and the rail corridor
- Placement of safety barriers on the eastern side of Fairfield Road between the temporary scaffold pedestrian overpass and just south of the Kadumba Street and Fairfield Road intersection
- Piling works on the station platforms
- Removal of redundant station platform structures
- Trenching for cable route and service installation
- Fairfield Road southbound lanes closed between Kadumba Street and Yeronga Street. Two-way traffic will be maintained on the northbound lanes
- StationLink route 109 service will be diverted, and the bus stops will be temporarily relocated during the works (see map over page)
Signage will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists around works areas. Please observe the directions of traffic control while passing through the area.
Please note that Yeronga station is now closed as part of an accessibility rebuild. To support customers during the closure, the new 109 StationLink service is now running between Moorooka and Boggo Road stations.
Fairfield Road temporary pedestrian access and traffic changes 29-31 May
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Temporary traffic and public transport changes on Fairfield Road, Yeronga. Traffic control will be in place to assist motorists
- The 109 StationLink bus service will be diverted from Fairfield Road via Yeronga, Feez and Kadumba streets during these works. Please note the alternative 109 StationLink bus stops during this period
- Changes to pedestrian access during construction, please follow signage
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators, frontend loaders, mobile cranes, vacuum trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: