Temporary closure of Yeronga overpass
Please be advised that the Yeronga station temporary pedestrian overpass will be closed from 6:00pm Friday 3 until 5:00am Monday 6 September 2021, for station platform works.
Details of work
Work on Platform 2 at Yeronga station requires the temporary closure of the pedestrian overpass between Lake Street and Fairfield Road from 6.00pm Friday 3 until 5am Monday 6 September 2021.
Work will involve the relocation of scaffold stairs on platform 2, piling, concrete works and the reinstatement of scaffold stairs.
There will be multiple alternative pedestrian access routes available during the closure, as outlined below:
- Two alternative pedestrian routes via Ovendean Street to the north, and Cardross Street to the south. Both alternative routes are approximately 15 minutes’ walk. Traffic control and wayfinding signage will be in place to assist
- A free taxi shuttle services will run every 15 minutes between stops located on Lake Street and Devon Street at the below times:
- Friday 3 September: 6:00pm to 1:40am (Saturday morning)
- Saturday 4 September: 4:00am to 1:40am (Sunday morning)
- Sunday 5 September: 4:00am to 11:40pm
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
Temporary overpass closure from 6:00pm Friday 3 until 5:00am Monday 6 September 2021
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: